4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Gains from a Tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 PM
MichelleBeMyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gains from a Tuner??

I could feel a lot of throttle response. I later used the tuner to get the car tuned on the dyno. I got about a 15RWHP gain once it was tuned on the dyno...

03SonicGT, i believe sonic blue is about the best color mustang... good choice!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

Lets not forget other things the tuner can do.. A/F ratios, traction control overide, rev limiter, speedo adjustment.. and on and on.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 PM
ZAMMiT

my friend has the diablo sport tuner..would i be able to tune my car with it? is it hard to tune the car? like what do i need to know to tune it?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZAMMiT

my friend has the diablo sport tuner..would i be able to tune my car with it? is it hard to tune the car? like what do i need to know to tune it?
No, you cannot tune your car with his tuner. All the tuners are programmed to only tune one car. The software in the tuner won't allow it. I think you can do all the stuff that isn;t a tune though with it.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

No, you cannot tune your car with his tuner. All the tuners are programmed to only tune one car. The software in the tuner won't allow it. I think you can do all the stuff that isn;t a tune though with it.
Strange that people sell their used tuners with no troubles.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
ZAMMiT

like what?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Niteryder

You can tune your vehicle, if he returns his to stock. The tuner can only be programmed into one car at a time..

Oh and the 4v gains are great? And definately can be felt :-p Plus spark advance is fun
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
ZAMMiT

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

ORIGINAL: Niteryder

You can tune your vehicle, if he returns his to stock. The tuner can only be programmed into one car at a time..

Oh and the 4v gains are great? And definately can be felt :-p Plus spark advance is fun
i'm confused as to why his has to be returned to stock? so he has to reset his tune then i can use it? but then he wont be able to tune his back, right?...so theres no way that me and him can use the same tuner?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:30 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

yep cant tune 2 cars with it
Old 05-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Just got mine done this afternoon. Running the low octane tune at the moment till I purge the system of it and get a couple refills of premium going. I only drove home today in town so I haven't had a chance to get on it at all to notice anything. I'll be sure to post something when I get a chance to get on it, and also when I get premium running in the tank.

Quick Reply: Gains from a Tuner??