4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablosport + Nitrous....Bad combo??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablosport + Nitrous....Bad combo??

Does anybody have a Diablosport and nitrous? I've checked up about nitrous and it seems pretty safe if you know what you're doing. The kit I wanted is the Venom VCT-1000 from mustangtuning.com. However this kit comes with a "computer control module". The control module increases fuel delivery from the injectors to make up for the nitrous oxide. Will the two computer chips clash with each other?? Also does nitrous kits come with some kind of button to "shoot" the nitrous?? I also wanted to buy the control switch with the "armed" switch that goes in the front cup holder. Does anybody know exactly what the "armed" switch does?? Does it actually fire the nitrous or just get the system ready??
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 PM
mself52
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablosport + Nitrous....Bad combo??

armed switch activates the nitrous so that it can be used depending what safety you have.... stock kit will come with WOT so the arm switch will allow the nitrous to spray after your wide open throttle... and the module shouldnt interfere with the predator tuner i know the zex wet kit has the fuel module also and it doesnt
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

So how do you "fire" the nitrous?? Also do the kits come with a purge solenoid?? Does the "armed" switch allow you to fire the nitrous when you not under WOT??? I don't want the nitrous to spray by itself. I just want to be able to spray in WOT of course, no matter what speed or what gear. Also if there is a button you have to push, how hard is it to push and change gears at the same time?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

what does WOT mean?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM
mself52
3rd Gear Member

no it will not come with purge.... and no nitrous is controlled by a safety switch the stock safety is called WOT switch.... if the arm switch is not on then the nitrous CAN NOT spray.... when it is armed the nitrous CAN NOT spray untill your wide open throttle!!!! the wot safety sprays the nitrous for you when it is activated at wide open throttle NOT UNTILL!!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

I don't want it to spray for me. I want to be able to spray it myself. Is this possible??? WOT can be from 1000 RPM up to 6500 RPM. Does the module spray at a certian RPM or something??
Old 05-02-2006, 08:18 PM
mself52
3rd Gear Member

thats why ppl buy extra safeties.... i would definetly buy the MSD window switch that lets you digitally set the start and stop rpm of the spray...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...d=97141&CT=999
Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

are u searious? WOT=wide open throttle
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

So when the safety switch sprays the nitrous.....How long does it spray? I mean does it spray in every gear at every RPM as long as you have your foot to the floor?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 PM
mself52
3rd Gear Member

yep....unless you have that msd window switch then it will only spray thru the set rpm's and at WOT.... so say you have the window switch set for 3k-5800 rpms and have the wot safety.... that means even if your driving at 3500 rpms if your not WOT its not spraying.... the two safeties work together... also if your WOT at 2k rpms it wont be spraying (which prolly isnt possible)

Quick Reply: Diablosport + Nitrous....Bad combo??