4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

bird crap + black paint = uh oh

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
svollmer
1st Gear Member

Default bird crap + black paint = uh oh

Anybody out there with a black car know a good way to get bird crap out of black paint? I think my car is cursed, I had to have the roof repainted since Ford didn't paint the corners, then 2 days later it got crapped on, and etched the paint. I just got that fixed and it happened again! I just paid a paint shop $100 to polish the top, and I can't shell out $100 every time my car gets crapped on. I keep like 3 coats of wax on it, but the crap still stained the paint. I tried clay bar and Meguiar's scratch-x already, but that didn't work. Anyone else know what to do?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:02 PM
NightmareStang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: bird crap + black paint = uh oh

A black specific wax. I always washed it off mine asap. Maybe a good paint cleaner wax as well.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Blade660
2nd Gear Member

Do you have a pressure washer? ... I have a black GT and I feel your pain, damn those birds! ..... I always just hit is with a fast spray from the pressure washer, dry and wax ... seems to work ok, but be careful and don't end up like me with swirls all over the place[:@] ..... but I have a buffer on the way to save the day.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

clay bar it.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Be very carefull using high pressure water on a car. It can lift paint as well as imbed dirt into the paint. I have a black car and have never had bird crap etch my paint. I reccomend that you use a good compound (3M Finesse It line is my favorite) by hand followed by a good wax (Meugires Gold Class). Wax does not last as long on a black car due to the heat that occures on a black car, so keep it waxed often.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Oscar_3748
2nd Gear Member

I just got mine painted black!
before you wipe, spray, wash or rub; Grab a spoon Baking soda mix it with 8-10oz of water spray it on and let it sit for a mintue. Spray once more and wipe; this will protect your clear coat and that jet black color! Also before you wipe remenber birds eat small rocks and pepples that they pass with thier droppings!!![:@]
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

I don't know, but sounds to me as if you don't have a clear coat layer. Odd to me that bird doo stained the paint that quickly.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

^^ What he said. I have left bird doo on my car for about a week before i washed it. Sounds like you dont have a very good paint job.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:26 AM
blackgt225
1st Gear Member

yea something doesnt sound right about your paint. i used to work at a body shop and profesionaly detailed cars, i have never seen bird crap give anyone so much trouble. usually just a good carwash-soap and water should do the trick. unless these birds are poopin acid or something it must be your paint.just try not to compound it to much or you will burn through the paint.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:20 AM
svollmer
1st Gear Member

I should clarify a bit, my car sits outside 24/7. I think it got pooped on in the morning, then sat in the direct sun all day until I got home from work and could take it off. I also only had 1 layer of Meguiars Gold Class on it. I recently got some Zaino and was waiting to put that on so I didn't have my usual 2-3 layers of wax on it. Guess the birds got it before I did. Btw, I called the Ford dealer who repainted it and they said they put 2 layers of black and 2 layers of clear. Anyways, the mark is totally smooth, I think it just etched the clear coat because it just looks like a little hazy spot. The guy who polished it last time said it wont really hurt, it will just bother me because I know it is there.

Quick Reply: bird crap + black paint = uh oh