4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

help a kid out

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: help a kid out

Lol guys yeah he has a Bullitt that means he has the all metal intake manifold and doesnt replace the plenum. Just get a nice TB such as the accufab
Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black on blacK

damn Dragon02GT thanks alot man. i had no idea it had twin bores on the throttle body. that means i dont need to replace the plenum?
Your intake does not use a plenum like mine does. The plenum is part of the intake itself. The plenum on your car is the part from the Throttle body (TB) to the back of the intake where the air goes in. Check it out for yourself. Look at where your air filter is at, follow that back to the TB, (the TB has a cable on it you can pull to rev the motor), right after the TB your intake starts and is all one piece. The part right after the TB isthe intake track or plenum and the air flows fromt he TB straight to the back of the intake. You can follow th track yourself and see how the air flows. On our GT's the air goe in fromt he top, not the back, so the plenum is the elbow that turns the air 90* to sen it in a the top of the intake. You do not have this, this is also why your intake is better than the GT intake.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

damn it all makes so much more sense now. im still learning all the differences between a bullitt and a gt and ive heard people talk about the intake being different than that of the gt but it never made sense to me how or why, but i understand now. thanks alot Dragon02GT and everybody else for all the help i appreciate the hell out of it.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

damn it all makes so much more sense now. im still learning all the differences between a bullitt and a gt and ive heard people talk about the intake being different than that of the gt but it never made sense to me how or why, but i understand now. thanks alot Dragon02GT and everybody else for all the help i appreciate the hell out of it.
Hey no problem bud, that's why we are all here to help each other out. By the way, nice car, I had the chance to buy a Bullit right after I bought my GT. I was very upset, it has less mile and was the same price. Man was I pissed, right afetr I paid 14g's for a car, a better one came along and I already had mine. Oh well. Hey if you get the TB and need help putiing it in just pm me.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

yea i sure will man i cant tell you how much i appreciate you takin the time to look all that up for me and everything man. anyways im outa here. ill definately pm you when the installation comes around. thanks again.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

same thing goes for 96-98 cobra... not too sure about the new edge cobras.... drag i am right about this correct?

since i have one... the twin bore TB seems to be the only thing to replace, since it goes directly to the manifold instead of a plenum... course no need to replace that thing and go bigger unless im SC cuz its a waste of $$$ for me anyways.. things are like 375... F that

and i think ur good on ur TB, i think it holds its own so u should be good... spend that $$$ on something else
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

dude give me your car...that is just not even cool...you dont deserve a bullitt...trade me for my V6 RIGHT NOW!!!!!