4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK (LONG)!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:31 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK (LONG)!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know I had been having issues my GT the past coupe months since my head/cam/intake install and tune. Well, I can't remember if I mentioned that the shop I had my car at was thinking the fuel pump was causing the problems and that I had replaced the CCRM, the FCM, TPS, and processor among a few other things.

Since my last post on the topic of my car I gave the shop a deadline to fix my car or I would pull it from their shop. I ended up having my car taken on a flatbed to Sutton HP in Matteson, IL. On the day I went to get my car from the other shop it would not even start. Even though, it was running super rich and surging before, it at least started.

The day Sutton started working on my car the found plugged vacum hoses. The hose to the fuel pressure regulator was removed and capped off! As soon as that was taken care of my car started up though it still had the previous symptoms as before.

The next day I got a call and explained the situation to their head tech and it ended up that he believed the cars problems were due to falty wiring as did I. Turned out the signal wires and fuel pressure lines were crossed and reading the same voltage (which is in correct) !!! That is what the f*ck cooked my first processor! I knew it was the other shop's bad wiring job!!!!

Moving on to the processor(s). I noticed the original had a bent pin after I took it back from the 1st shop. The 2nd processor that I obtained was also garbage as I found another bent pin and two other pins that were bent and sticking into one whole in the 'CRACKED' connector[:@][sm=icon_flaming.gif]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair the first shop did a Grade A job of the parts installations under the hood. However, they butchered my electrical work .

Nonetheless, Sutton HP came to the rescue and got me my baby back promptly and better than ever before. She is putting down 327.7rwhp and 323.6rwft-lbs N/A !!! Here's a video clip of how she sounds ! http://media.putfile.com/Shes-back I am ssoooo glad to have my car back
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK (LONG)!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you got everything back in working order.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

your link doesn't quite work as posted. Delete the period at the end. Sounds good, good to hear it's working now.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Nice numbers GSXR. What is going on with the payment of the first shop?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

Since you're in IL (as am I), are you willing to PM the first shop's name to me?

The reason I ask is that I'm dropping off my check today for the deposit on my blower that the shop will be installing among other things. I just want to make sure I'm not using a shop that can't do electrical on Mustangs.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Congrats dude!!! Nice idle.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Thats why i wont let anyone in Oklahoma (where i live) touch my motor/wiring... i will tow it to texas before anyone touches my car... btw, your car sounds like a freakin HOSS!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

Nice car, except you need to take that fugly license plate cover off. IU, come on ur better than that! j/k BTFU-Boiler the F*ck Up!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

CONGRATS man. Glad to hear she finally came together.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

so what do you have done to your car... because it sounds BAD ***!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK (LONG)!!!!!!!!!!