4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP LM II SLP o/r X pipe exhaust video clip

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP LM II exhaust

slp lmIIs are better then the Is. or are they just a tad more quiet + deeperand thats it.. so that means the LM 1s are louder as in how?
Nothing quite compares the the LM1s. They are completely hollow. LM2's have packing for a quieter sound, but not by any means quiet.

I promise you guys I will get a video up of my LM1s soon, but I will try to answer your question. LM1s are the loudest exhaust I have ever heard on a mustang, especially with an o/r X. They are loud in the sense that they are LOUD. They carry an unorthodox motorcycle "ripping" sound at WOT and are nothing like you have ever heard. In 2nd gear at WOT, I think my setup is just as loud if not louder for that 5 seconds than a motorcycle.

However, remember, this does not at ALL sound bad. They sound amazing. LM2's are definitely not as loud, and give a better "tone" and and deeper. The LM1s are more unorthodox, they are FAR from rasp, because idiots that say that have never heard real rasp before, but instead they are very choppy and rippy like a motorcycle. This sound only comes at WOT though, when cruising around they are suprisingly quiet and carry a higher pitched but nice tone.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP LM II exhaust

ORIGINAL: meebix

slp lmIIs are better then the Is. or are they just a tad more quiet + deeperand thats it.. so that means the LM 1s are louder as in how?
Nothing quite compares the the LM1s. They are completely hollow. LM2's have packing for a quieter sound, but not by any means quiet.

I promise you guys I will get a video up of my LM1s soon, but I will try to answer your question. LM1s are the loudest exhaust I have ever heard on a mustang, especially with an o/r X. They are loud in the sense that they are LOUD. They carry an unorthodox motorcycle "ripping" sound at WOT and are nothing like you have ever heard. In 2nd gear at WOT, I think my setup is just as loud if not louder for that 5 seconds than a motorcycle.

However, remember, this does not at ALL sound bad. They sound amazing. LM2's are definitely not as loud, and give a better "tone" and and deeper. The LM1s are more unorthodox, they are FAR from rasp, because idiots that say that have never heard real rasp before, but instead they are very choppy and rippy like a motorcycle. This sound only comes at WOT though, when cruising around they are suprisingly quiet and carry a higher pitched but nice tone.

Hope this helps.

you are right first when i had the lm1s was awesome, but again a have a vert so it was too much, the only difference between the lm1 and the lm2 (from my point of view) is volume i mean yes the lm2 are a little more deep but they are not a loud as the lm1 maybe if i had a coupe i would've kept the lm1... however i love this set up, the idle is nice and when i drive like a granny and cruise around under 2k rpms is as you said surpricily quiet, and don't gives me headaches or any other problem of course if i want them loud i just floor the gas
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP LM II SLP o/r X pipe exhaust video clip

ORIGINAL: Mark99GT

d3mon, how does the video compare to the actual sound? Does it sound lots better in person or is the video pretty close to the actual sound? I was originally set on lm Is but I really like the sound of yours and ill be running a similar setup; the slp o/r x with slp longtubes.

as any video or sound clip varies from actual sound, depends on audio settings and stuff, but yeah it sounds way better in person, off course there are louder exhaust out there but i allway get compliments and turn heads wherever i go
Old 08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Did I see that this config was on a convertible? Do you find its too loud to hear the radio or have casual conversation?
Old 08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

LM1s are alot louder than 2s i think, i had o/r x with lm1s on my non pi 2v and it was LOUD, i just recently did a 96 cobra swap, and the 0/rx with lm1s on the cobra is WAY TO LOUD. Ill probably move down to lm2s when iget the cash, Ill make a a clip sometime this week and post it
Old 08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

very nice [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 08-30-2006, 03:59 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

Did I see that this config was on a convertible? Do you find its too loud to hear the radio or have casual conversation?
just when i floor it, if i cruise under 2k rpms its ok,and of course, with the top down is louder
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: d3mon
just when i floor it, if i cruise under 2k rpms its ok,and of course, with the top down is louder
Thanks. My top is down almost 100% of the time, which is why I am really trying to be careful with what exhaust I pick. This is my daily driver and weekend cruiser, so I want to make the right decision. Maybe I'll just go with the LM II catback and see how it sounds and feels, and if I want more go with the catted x-pipe. What do you think of that logic?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 AM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

ORIGINAL: d3mon
Thanks. My top is down almost 100% of the time, which is why I am really trying to be careful with what exhaust I pick. This is my daily driver and weekend cruiser, so I want to make the right decision. Maybe I'll just go with the LM II catback and see how it sounds and feels, and if I want more go with the catted x-pipe. What do you think of that logic?
yup that's your best bet, i had the lm1's they were too loud, i'm happy with the lm2's
Old 08-31-2006, 12:53 AM
2002TrueblueGT1258
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the clip considering that is the exact setup that I want for my mustang. Sounds real nice.

Quick Reply: SLP LM II SLP o/r X pipe exhaust video clip