4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

stolen debit card!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:09 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: stolen debit card!

Wow.. Everyone chill the Fuc* out. He didnt use it, he was just wondering. Let this thread die.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Xfctr31

for the third time id like to point out i was trying to bring up a conversation of the actions that 2 FRIENDS of mine did, not me what i was doing was making money the right way by working not filling up my gas tank with someone elses card i dont undersatnd how hard it is for u people to understand this...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:13 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Stay away from it. In Alabama it is a class C felony to illegally posess or fraudulently use a credit/debit card. Alabama code 13a-9-14.1 says: (a) A person commits the crime of illegal possession of a credit/debit card if, knowing that he or she does not have the consent of the owner, he or she takes, exercises control over, or otherwise uses the card. (b) A person commits the crime of fraudulent use of a credit/debit card if he or she uses, attempts to use, or allows to be used, a credit or debit card for the purpose of obtaining property, services, or anything else of value with the knowledge that:
(1) the card is stolen; or
(2) the card has been revoked or cancelled; or
(3) for any other reason the use of the card is unauthorized by either the issuer or the person whom the card is issued.

A class C felony is the lowest class of felony in the state of Alabama. The penalty for a class C felony is under Alabama code 13a-5-6 subsection (3) it states: For a class C felony, not more than 10 years or less than 1 year and 1 day in a State penitentiary.

To be honest with you, I would seriously consider a new group of friends. These guys will get you into trouble. Dont forget that the one that gets caught with the stolen card will probably get a receiving stolen property charge too.

This is all just an example of what they could be facing. Most state's laws on this are about the same so beware of your buddies.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious why anyone would ask this in the first place. It doesn't make sense.

It's obvious it's wrong.

It's obvious what people would say.

...and it always starts with "well, if my friend did this and my other friend did this and if my uncles best friend's cousin Benny from down the street had an aunt who's nephew was flirting with a girl in his class that had a crush on the teacher who was cheating on his wife that was suffering from an incurable illness....would it be wrong?

I mean seriously, the only honest answer is...

HUH ?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xfctr31

for the third time id like to point out i was trying to bring up a conversation of the actions that 2 FRIENDS of mine did, not me what i was doing was making money the right way by working not filling up my gas tank with someone elses card i dont undersatnd how hard it is for u people to understand this...
IF you were with either of them when they used it you are aiding and a betting a felon since you didn't call it in. (whatever it's called)
Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Xfctr31

thats the point i dont know how i can be at work and with them at the same time, truth is i got out at 10 posted this when i got off the phone with a friend of mine who told me this happened i was curious simply cause i had nothing else to do but be curious of retarted things
Old 05-10-2006, 04:21 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xfctr31

thats the point i dont know how i can be at work and with them at the same time, truth is i got out at 10 posted this when i got off the phone with a friend of mine who told me this happened i was curious simply cause i had nothing else to do but be curious of retarted things
Youre retarded...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:26 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I refuse to believe that the poster had no clue about credit card fraud and felony's. In this screwed up world we live in, you would have to be a completely oblivious freakin moron to not have any insight whatsoever on this very simple issue.

This thread just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and he was making the post out of utter boredom instead of getting a hobby.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:32 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

I refuse to believe that the poster had no clue about credit card fraud and felony's. In this screwed up world we live in, you would have to be a completely oblivious freakin moron to not have any insight whatsoever on this very simple issue.

This thread just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and he was making the post out of utter boredom instead of getting a hobby.
Or he was thinkin of cashin in with his friends...
Old 05-10-2006, 10:32 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

You don't just find and use a DEBIT card, those require PIN's. If they are using a DEBIT card then there's more involved than just finding it.

Assuming they are using it as a CREDIT card and just swiping at the pump then it's just one significant crime and not many.

It's gonna cost a lot more than $80 to get out of this one, as they will get caught.

I wouldn't even be seen with these 2 "friends" as I'm sure they're only a week away from being investigated by the card's bank and the local authorities.

Mommy and Daddy are gonna be pissed. The lawyer fees now are going to cost some cash and assuming they are retarded punks and not adults, they will probably need to get their record expunged at some point and it will cost even more in lawyer fee's to get that done later.

Quick Reply: stolen debit card!