4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Broken sideview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 PM
SoccDev17

Default Broken sideview mirror

So I guess some kids were playing ball and hit my drivers-side sideview mirror. Needless to say, the housing is cracked and the mirror broke off. I know I can just bring it to a shop and have them order & install a new one but they'll charge a lot.
Was just wondering if anyone has done a replacement on their own??
Difficult to do?
Any online instructions??
How much does a whole new power mirror cost?

Thanks for the help!!

2004 Mustang GT
Magnaflow Catback
Magnaflow Tru-X w/ cats
K&N Gen II FIPK
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
dragonfans04GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Broken sideview mirror

It's easy to do. You take the MACH speaker cover off, then I think that there's one bolt under it. That takes off the speaker mount. There's three screws behind that which hold the mirror on. I replaced mine and Ford wanted something like $210 for one. I picked mine up online for about $60 shipped. The wires for the electric mirrors will obviously have to be unplugged, and you can do that with out taking the door panels off, though it's a little more of a pain in the *** to get to the plug. there's a complete writeup somewhere, but it's pretty easy to do.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:28 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

I bought one off of Ebay a few months back. My wife had knocked mine off on an early morning Whataburger run!! [:@]

The one I purchased fit and looked great. The only hassle was the power connector if you have a power mirror. I'll look around and see if I can find the page that I used to install the new one.

Jason

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dragonfans04GT

It's easy to do. You take the MACH speaker cover off, then I think that there's one bolt under it. That takes off the speaker mount. There's three screws behind that which hold the mirror on. I replaced mine and Ford wanted something like $210 for one. I picked mine up online for about $60 shipped. The wires for the electric mirrors will obviously have to be unplugged, and you can do that with out taking the door panels off, though it's a little more of a pain in the *** to get to the plug. there's a complete writeup somewhere, but it's pretty easy to do.
Yeah the door panel doesn't need to come off. It's a tight fit to get the new plug down in the door where you need it to be but it can be done with a little patience. GL
Old 05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
mightyb28
2nd Gear Member

I saw one done. Super easy. There are usually instructions in the box. But since it is shot you might as well upgrade:

http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/mustang.htm

Carbon fiber, diffenet styles.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

**ahem**rice**cough cough**ahem....if you're going to upgrade get 03/04 Cobra/40th Edition mirrors
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
mightyb28
2nd Gear Member

If carbon fiber is rice dude then i will be a ricer. Stronger, lighter, looks killer.

Just put that 10" cowl hood on and don't forget to look out your drivers side window so you can drive straight.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:23 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i didnt say CF was rice.....i love CF.....i'm saying the styling of those mirrors is ricy....i want to get the VIS racing hood and trunk for my car one day
Old 05-12-2006, 04:06 PM
SoccDev17

Just bought my replacement off e-bay for $40 and will give it a shot this weekend!! I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:32 PM
SoccDev17

I don't know how people were able to connect the cable w/o taking the door panel off!! I just can't get to it! It looks like it's bolted down. How do I remove the door panels to get to the wire? It seems like it would make it easier. I just don't want to brake anything when trying to remove the panels!
HELP!

Quick Reply: Broken sideview mirror