4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What exhaust is in your convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Osk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What exhaust is in your convertible?

"grammar nozi"

ORIGINAL: GTnAZ

im a grammar nozi bro.. look out!

IMO i would run the magnaflow magna packs with the x-pipe and hi-flow cats...
That is what i ahve on my car, and it sounds BAD ***!
It sound way better the the flowmaster b/c its not raspy like them and its really deep!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Couldn't see the vid. Don't know why. But there's someone in my mustang club with American Thunder Flowmasters on, and those are LOUD. I mean, you can hear it about a mile away at WOT. How does that work out in the convertible?
its fine now that i have 4.10 gears but before on the freeway i would be stuck at 2k rpms and it was to loud. now im at like 2.2K on the freeway and everything is perfect.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

im a grammar nozi bro.. look out!

IMO i would run the magnaflow magna packs with the x-pipe and hi-flow cats...
That is what i ahve on my car, and it sounds BAD ***!
It sound way better the the flowmaster b/c its not raspy like them and its really deep!
Grammar NOSY or grammar ****. Because you got a bit of both. hehehehe. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to steer clear away from the magna packs though. They sound louder than hell. I don't necessarily want loud. I want tone. Thanks, bud.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Couldn't see the vid. Don't know why. But there's someone in my mustang club with American Thunder Flowmasters on, and those are LOUD. I mean, you can hear it about a mile away at WOT. How does that work out in the convertible?
its fine now that i have 4.10 gears but before on the freeway i would be stuck at 2k rpms and it was to loud. now im at like 2.2K on the freeway and everything is perfect.
Yeah, I have the stock rack and pinion on mine, so at about 80 mph I'm at about 2500 rpms. That's probably going to be loud as a motherfuhcker, but hey--I can't hear anything with the top down at 80 mph anyway. lol
Old 05-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

i didnt know you could put an exhaust systme "in" a car.. i thought you put it 'on' the car [sm=alcoholic.gif]
"systme"--I guess you are a stickler for grammar, but not spelling, huh?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

hey i put the little drunk dude next to that statement... maybe i have been drinking a little... give me a break!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

hey i put the little drunk dude next to that statement... maybe i have been drinking a little... give me a break!
[sm=badbadbad.gif] Break given. BURN! hehehe. Anyhow. Back to the topic. What about those two exhausts on eBay. Anyone hazzard a guess as to their usefulness in a vert to cruise?
Old 08-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

I just got my '05 GT vert... love the car but want her to have a deeper voice. NOT necessarily louder (like you mentioned)... I still want to be able to hear the radio and have casual conversation. With a completely STOCK GT vert, what do you recommend for a quality exhaust? Do I have to replace the entire system to get maximum performance and a deeper tone exhaust? Remember, I don't want to be blown away with a loud exhaust that gives me headaches and wakes up the neighbors!!

Thank you for your help..

Old 08-30-2006, 04:39 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

I just got my '05 GT vert... love the car but want her to have a deeper voice. NOT necessarily louder (like you mentioned)... I still want to be able to hear the radio and have casual conversation. With a completely STOCK GT vert, what do you recommend for a quality exhaust? Do I have to replace the entire system to get maximum performance and a deeper tone exhaust? Remember, I don't want to be blown away with a loud exhaust that gives me headaches and wakes up the neighbors!!

Thank you for your help..

thats the fun part, j/k for my experience with my car you will be ok with flows, or packs, keeping the stock midpipe… if you want quality sound go with long tubes, and get a catted mid pipe, stillwill be louder than the stock

Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeahman

I have an 02 GT and I think my Catted Bassani x-pipe with Flows sounds great... but its pretty loud when it drones and at WOT... cruising as long as your not at drone RPM with the x-pipe its quieter than it was with stock h and flows

Quick Reply: What exhaust is in your convertible?