4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What exhaust is in your convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What exhaust is in your convertible?

ORIGINAL: d3mon

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Dude, that is a BAD *** sounding exhaust. Great looking ride too! I'm a deeply jealous. So, with the SLP loudmouth exhaust, you're able to cruise, and when it's not at WOT, you can listen to music, etc.? I have the Mach 460 stereo and not that awesome upgraded ICE you have. Thanks for the vid. Man, your car rocks!
thanks, i had the SLP LoudMouht 1 at first (and have a o/r x pipe too)cuz i loved the sound in my friends coupe, but it was too noisy for a vert(in my opinion), i mean it was ok in the city but actually i had to wear earplugs in the highway (constant 2k rpms), thats why i changed to the SLP LoudMouth 2, is the same sound but not that noisy, i was able to hear the stock mach 460 when i had it without any problem
Were your LMI's that bad....cuz i think i found a cheap set on ebay i'm going to buy
Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

i have a 00 gt vert and i got 40 series flows 2 chambers and bbk shorty headers sound greats and soon to come is the off road pipe
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Sable

You should check out Stainless Works new system. Top notch and made of 304 Stainless Steel so it will last a very long time!!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
piledriver
Banned

On my 03 vert stick I have Magnaflow mufflers and their catted X. It sounds good as hell, being out there in the open air I didn't want Magapacks. It's plenty loud for me.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

01 GT Vert with SLP LM1's and I love it! It isn't TOO loud like alot of people say, I think it is just right.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Wow, many options here for my vert exhaust. It seems like many people are happy with SLP LM2 with catted o/r x-pipe. Does the SLP o/r x-pipe come with cats?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

BBK LTs.... VRS o/r X.... LM1's in the 2000 GT Vert.

Lets just say.. You can only imagine the kind of noise this car makes, its pretty much unreal.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

ORIGINAL: d3mon

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Dude, that is a BAD *** sounding exhaust. Great looking ride too! I'm a deeply jealous. So, with the SLP loudmouth exhaust, you're able to cruise, and when it's not at WOT, you can listen to music, etc.? I have the Mach 460 stereo and not that awesome upgraded ICE you have. Thanks for the vid. Man, your car rocks!
thanks, i had the SLP LoudMouht 1 at first (and have a o/r x pipe too)cuz i loved the sound in my friends coupe, but it was too noisy for a vert(in my opinion), i mean it was ok in the city but actually i had to wear earplugs in the highway (constant 2k rpms), thats why i changed to the SLP LoudMouth 2, is the same sound but not that noisy, i was able to hear the stock mach 460 when i had it without any problem
Were your LMI's that bad....cuz i think i found a cheap set on ebay i'm going to buy
i guess if they are cheap and you keep the stock midpiep it will be allright
Old 08-31-2006, 01:46 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

Wow, many options here for my vert exhaust. It seems like many people are happy with SLP LM2 with catted o/r x-pipe. Does the SLP o/r x-pipe come with cats?
yeas and no, i mean you can first o/r (off-road) means no cats then the x pipe is three pieces so if you need to put cats you just buy them unbolt a couple of bolts and you will have a catted pipe, if you want an o/r x pipe you just change the cats for racing pipes, piece of cake

ORIGINAL: meebix

BBK LTs.... VRS o/r X.... LM1's in the 2000 GT Vert.

Lets just say.. You can only imagine the kind of noise this car makes, its pretty much unreal.
wow dude you are crazy, i bet you have to use some earplugs sometimes, or at leats whoever is next to your cars has lol
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

o/r MEANS no cats by very definition. You need cats to be on the road, so an off-road pipe is called that because it has no cats. SLP, I believe, makes both catted and o/r mid-pipes.

I don't know about everyone here, but I tried an off road x-pipe and in my convertible, you can smell the exhaust like crazy when you're standing still. It's not a good thing at all.

I finally got a bassani catted x-pipe and a MAC high-flow 3-inch catback. Sounds great. Not too loud, at all though. I think that the majority of the sound is released by putting in some higher-flowing headers, which I haven't done.

Cheers,
Gaspi101

Quick Reply: What exhaust is in your convertible?