4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why does alot of people here dislike Flowmasters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Stang Bamf
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why does alot of people here dislike Flowmasters?

im happy with my flows cat back
Old 05-12-2006, 12:01 AM
JonBeast

Everyone who doesn't have flowmasters is always raving about the drone, and those with them don't really mind it.

Odd isn't it?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Everyone who doesn't have flowmasters is always raving about the drone, and those with them don't really mind it.

Odd isn't it?
yea thats cause the people who dont like the drone don't buy it... but the people who like the drone, do buy it
Old 05-12-2006, 12:09 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: dan

Odd isn't it?
yea thats cause the people who dont like the drone don't buy it... but the people who like the drone, do buy it
Its the people who don't have the "drone" that exaggerate it, and those with the "drone" don't really mind it.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Its the people who don't have the "drone" that exaggerate it, and those with the "drone" don't really mind it.
Yeah, the drone is more like a mellow hum... It does not stop me from being able to talk to the person next to me.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

#1 reason why people don't buy flowmasters is because everything that has an exhaust has flowmasters. Everything and anything that could possibly have an exhaust has flowmasters as an option. And just because no one has ever heard of anything different, they get them. If people did research, they would not go with flowmasters.

There are about 15 Ram 1500 that go past my house every day with those damn dronemasters... I want to slash tires. Im sure the drone really isnt as bad as what people say, hell my LM1s "hone" a little every now and then. I just HATE the way they sound.

Others get scared because off all the crap they hear about them.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dan

Odd isn't it?
Agreed, Its like everyone without gears saying 4.10s will make your rear end explode and gas mileage go to ****. I have the american thunder catback w/ a catted X and I LOVE the way it sounds. It is fuking loud too, for anyone who doesnt think they are loud...get a midpipe and they will be fuking loud! I also LIKE to drone...its not like its everywhere, when I want it to drone I hold it at the right RPM and enjoy it, if I dont feel like listening to it I dont keep it at that RPM...its really simple. Also, everyone tells me my Mustang is the best sounding one they have ever heard...they all love it. Never had a single bad comment on the exhaust note...even my dad and my mom and my friends dad were all like WOW that sounds awesome. And they don't even know **** about cars. lol

cliff notes: If you don't have flowmasters..........STFU about the drone.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

imo one of the greatest things is the ability to just walk into a muffler shop and tell them you want flows and they will just weld them in in place of your stockers. much cheaper than buying a catback
Old 05-12-2006, 12:22 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Odd isn't it?

I used to have welded in flowmasters and I switched to a magnaflow catback. I would never go back, the sound is better at WOT and its much quieter crusing or idling. I simply could not deal with the constant droning, as I spend quite a bit of time on the highway.

IMO nothing is more iratating than your car being loud ALL the time.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Odd isn't it?

I used to have welded in flowmasters and I switched to a magnaflow catback. I would never go back, the sound is better at WOT and its much quieter crusing or idling. I simply could not deal with the constant droning, as I spend quite a bit of time on the highway.

IMO nothing is more iratating than your car being loud ALL the time.
Really??? I wanted something that was loud when cruising because I spend 99% of my time cruising and I want my car to sound like a beast at all times! lol

Quick Reply: Why does alot of people here dislike Flowmasters?