4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why do I spend my life savings just to enter the race?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:26 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why do I spend my life savings just to enter the race?

Stop whining, go get some spray if your on a budget.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:45 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

My friends KB Gt that I was talking about with the 4.10s that I just couldn't handel... Well he ignored the warnings of a 400 rwhp max for a stock motor and kicked the boost to 12psi and with a good tune, he was pushing out closer to 430, give or take. To my knowledge he still hasn't had any problems with the motor. But that weekend, he was able to keep her nose to nose with an 03 cobra which had about 800 dollars worth of bolt ons. There is nothing that I can be more prowd of then to get my regular non suspecisous looking GT to pull a few cars ahead of Camaros, WS6s, Cobras, Vettes, etc. Save your money. I know I'm regulary giving finance numbers on this forum but save save save. Put a little money aside in a CD or Money Market account. Somewhere where you know you cant touch it. Give up some of your weekly pleasures, ie going out to eat, buying McDonalds everyday, new games, for me its new guns every other month, or new shoes and outfits. Do your budgeting. If you are ending up with less then 1/4 of your paycheck to yourself then thats just bad money management right there. Get a better job or do what I did, join the Army, Deploy for a year, and MONEY MONEY MONEY! Many know that I treat my car better then I have treated any of my girlfriends and I have to admit, my ex-wife. You want that supercharger? Save Save Save. You gotta give, to get, and NO I don't live at home with mama lol. But yea, that was my 2 cents, now where's the rest of my bottle of Grey Goose........
Old 05-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I got sick and tired of my 02 GT, of having spent too much money and made too many passes without seeing good numbers. Until 2v's become really cheap on the market, it's going to be a while before they can be considered a bang for your buck car.

$3,000 spent on a LS1 or LT1 is going to get much more bang for your buck than $3000 on a 2v.

Of course they can be made fast, anything can be. I'm impatient and wanted a way to make HP easier. Getting a forged rebuild or buying a forged shortblock + install + $$ spent on buying it all + tune + having faith the work is good...

I bought a 5.0 for the purpose of doing the cam/head swap myself but I ended up selling it and keep playing with the Cobra.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:12 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Hey Dan04... Just out of curiosty, has any modded GT come close to you? I don't mean it has to be nose to nose, but at least was able to keep up to an extent?
ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

I got sick and tired of my 02 GT, of having spent too much money and made too many passes without seeing good numbers. Until 2v's become really cheap on the market, it's going to be a while before they can be considered a bang for your buck car.

$3,000 spent on a LS1 or LT1 is going to get much more bang for your buck than $3000 on a 2v.

Of course they can be made fast, anything can be. I'm impatient and wanted a way to make HP easier. Getting a forged rebuild or buying a forged shortblock + install + $$ spent on buying it all + tune + having faith the work is good...

I bought a 5.0 for the purpose of doing the cam/head swap myself but I ended up selling it and keep playing with the Cobra.