4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Now look what yall've made me do!!

Old 05-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Default Now look what yall've made me do!!

OK guys....double checked my checkbook and I have enough money to buy a nitrous kit. I've never owned a Nitrous injected car, nor have I ridden in one. I know how the basic principle works, but I'm not quite sure how it is "ARMED" and "FIRED". I've looked around and decided on the Venom kit from Mustangtuning.com. This says that it includes an "ARM" switch and a computer control module. How exactly does the nitrous work?? I know it only sprays when armed and under WOT, but does this mean at all RPM's in EVERY gear?? Later on I'll be getting a RPM control module so I can adjust it, but I want to know how this thing is going to work straight out of the box???
Old 05-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Now look what yall've made me do!!

Come on guys.....I've got the order form filled out already!!! Ha ha...I just want to make sure this is what I want. And if this damn crotch rocket outside doesn't stop driving by my house reving up his motor I'm going to get in the Mustang and run over him.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

A window switch will only let the system engage at what ever RPM you set. May be a good idea.

You can also have a simple "on/off" switch that will turn the system on/off when you say.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

From what I understand, the n2o will only fire when armed, so, arm it say, as you enter third gear (you can put the switch right there) and when you hit WOT in 3rd it'll dump the n2o... Im pretty sure thats how it works, but Im not bottle fed, so Im not entirely sure
Old 05-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Thats what I was thinking. But if you arm it in say 2nd gear...it will spray under WOT, so when you change to 3rd it will stop spraying right?? But when you floor it in 3rd will it start spraying again unless you "disarm" it??
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

what is WOT
Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 AM
ibeeskeef
2nd Gear Member

WOT = wide open throttle.

You will arm the kit before you even take off on your run. A window switch is very handy and almost necessary to run nitrous. You don't want to run nitrous below about 2800 rpms and you definately don't want to run it if you bounce off the rev limiter. When you hit the limiter the car cuts off your fuel supply and that could spell really bad things if the nitrous is still running. The window switch can be set to only let the nitrous run between certain RPM's, say 2800 - 5300 and only at WOT. When taking off you generally don't floor the car until you get traction and you are usually already into second gear at that point anyway. There is nothing dangerous about spraying in 1st or 2nd gear as long as it is at WOT and in safe RPM's, but if you do you are going to spin your tires to mid track. The idea of arming in the middle of your run though is just not a good one. When going as fast as you can you don't want the distraction of an arming switch that needs to be hit!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

I also ordered the cupholder arming switch. I doubt that I'll arm it in 1st or 2nd gear. I think I should have time in 3rd to flip the switch. I did some research on the venom kit. It comes with a A/F monitor!