4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

shocks, struts, springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:42 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Default shocks, struts, springs

Should I get the tokico shocks, struts, and springs from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...temZ8061817472
or should I just get some eibachs? Would my longtubes rub the ground with the sportlines or should I go with the prokit?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:57 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: shocks, struts, springs

i put the pro kit on and i have m/l bassani headers, they only scrape over speedos. I didnt change out my shocks at the time of lowering, i have illuminas to put on. I get horrendous clunking and squeaking outta the rear end now, you can really hear it,even outside of the car. Not sure what to do to fix it? upper and lower control arms with the new shocks? can never seem to get an answer about it.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

i put the pro kit on and i have m/l bassani headers, they only scrape over speedos. I didnt change out my shocks at the time of lowering, i have illuminas to put on. I get horrendous clunking and squeaking outta the rear end now, you can really hear it,even outside of the car. Not sure what to do to fix it? upper and lower control arms with the new shocks? can never seem to get an answer about it.
Where is squeaking coming from. is it fromt eh rubber bushings on the CA'a? Is it the shocks, or something completely different. Have one of your buddies push on the back of your car while you are underneath it (be careful while doing this) and listen to where the sound is coming from. If it is the shocks replace them since you already have the Tokico Illuminas to replace them with. If it is the bushings on the control arms you cn replace the control arms or just the bushings. If it is something else just make a new post of exactly what is squeaking and maybe even take a pic of it and get some suggestions. No one cn tell you where the sound is coming from or what is squeaking over the internet, this is prolly why you get no good answers.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:34 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

Where is squeaking coming from. is it fromt eh rubber bushings on the CA'a? Is it the shocks, or something completely different. Have one of your buddies push on the back of your car while you are underneath it (be careful while doing this) and listen to where the sound is coming from. If it is the shocks replace them since you already have the Tokico Illuminas to replace them with. If it is the bushings on the control arms you cn replace the control arms or just the bushings. If it is something else just make a new post of exactly what is squeaking and maybe even take a pic of it and get some suggestions. No one cn tell you where the sound is coming from or what is squeaking over the internet, this is prolly why you get no good answers.
well, thanks alot for the answer with good advice! i was thinking about doing control arms at the same time and hopefully everything mysteriously works out. I will try and see where it gets me. any suggestions for the brand of upr/lwr control arms?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

well, thanks alot for the answer with good advice! i was thinking about doing control arms at the same time and hopefully everything mysteriously works out. I will try and see where it gets me. any suggestions for the brand of upr/lwr control arms?
I hope it works out for ya to. I am sure you have heard this before but I would go with the Granatelli upper and lower CA's. Good $ and good value. I have them and like them. Hope it all works out for ya, maybe one of the rubber bushings is just shot ont he stock CA's. With the new ones you get you can just grease the poly bushings so it wont squeak at all. Good Luck man.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

thanks on the granatelli. now where did i put my cc?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

????????
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
97BlackStang
3rd Gear Member

Coin collection maybe?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:58 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

????????
credit card
Old 05-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

gotcha