4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

O/R H-pipe in! butt.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

Default O/R H-pipe in! butt.....

all right i just got my o/r h-pipe in today, but i havent gotten the exhaust im going to put on my car yet. (another month or two maybe? magnaflow catbacks when it's time for it) anyways, my question is would it be worth my time to put my car on jackstands and put that h-pipe on now, without the rest of the catback exhaust, or should i just wait until i get the exhaust and mess with it all at one time. i have stock exhaust on my car, but its not the stock gt exhaust, it's the stock bullitt exhaust. so i have a little more than a gt has catback, but im not sure if its enough to take the time to put it on now or just wait and do it at once.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
NORTON98
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: O/R H-pipe in! butt.....

If it were me I would have it all done all at once. But if you just put the H pipe in you can see how much power improvement that gets you by its self.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Do it now... You'll only have to remove the stock catback when you install the new catback if you already have that midpipe in. But.... if you really wanan hear the difference wait till you can do the whole thing. Personally I'd like to wait and do them both at once, but i couldn't sit and look at my midpipe for a month or 2 without installing it. That's why I bought it all at once

EDIT: If you aren't gonna do it yourself, def wait and save some $$$. Hopefully you can do it yourself though. It's about as easy an install as there is
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

haha i know thats my problem im not sure if i can sit and wait with it staring at me every time i pass it for another couple of months. i would have definately waited and just bought everything at once, but i kind of fell into this deal and wound up getting it for a price that i couldnt pass up, but ij ust dont have enough money right now to get the exhaust now too.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black on blacK

haha i know thats my problem im not sure if i can sit and wait with it staring at me every time i pass it for another couple of months. i would have definately waited and just bought everything at once, but i kind of fell into this deal and wound up getting it for a price that i couldnt pass up, but ij ust dont have enough money right now to get the exhaust now too.
I understand that. Been there lol. If you are gonna do it yourself, go ahead and slap it in there!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

I would put it on now. You will notice a major difference in sound even with the stock catback. At least then, the H will be on the car already and you wont have to do it later.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

Emann0007 Date 5/17/2006 5:58:40 PM
Do it now... You'll only have to remove the stock catback when you install the new catback if you already have that midpipe in. But.... if you really wanan hear the difference wait till you can do the whole thing. Personally I'd like to wait and do them both at once, but i couldn't sit and look at my midpipe for a month or 2 without installing it. That's why I bought it all at once

EDIT: If you aren't gonna do it yourself, def wait and save some $$$. Hopefully you can do it yourself though. It's about as easy an install as there is

yes i was definately planning on doing it myself. i havent done anything this mechanically advanced (haha and to think this iis still "training-wheel" installation stuff), so that was part of why i wasnt sure if i should just wait and do it at once, not realy knowing how hard it would be for me to do. my best friends dad races cars and rebuilds them all the time so if nothing else ill just get him to help me. he has a hydrolic lift too, that may be easier that screwing with jackstands?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black on blacK

Emann0007 Date 5/17/2006 5:58:40 PM

yes i was definately planning on doing it myself. i havent done anything this mechanically advanced (haha and to think this iis still "training-wheel" installation stuff), so that was part of why i wasnt sure if i should just wait and do it at once, not realy knowing how hard it would be for me to do. my best friends dad races cars and rebuilds them all the time so if nothing else ill just get him to help me. he has a hydrolic lift too, that may be easier that screwing with jackstands?
Hydraulic lift is definitely handy, but you can do it on jackstands. Most people don't have access to a lift. Being able to stand under the car makes it much much easier, but it isn't hard by any means. Just make sure your car is nice and cool before you get under thereYou'd be suprised how easy it is. You're only looking at 8-12 bolts and a gasket.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:11 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

O/R H-pipe in! butt.....

LMFAO, how the hell did you get the Hpipe in your butt?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Black on blacK
2nd Gear Member

quote:
Emann0007

Hydraulic lift is definitely handy, but you can do it on jackstands. Most people don't have access to a lift. Being able to stand under the car makes it much much easier, but it isn't hard by any means. Just make sure your car is nice and cool before you get under there You'd be suprised how easy it is. You're only looking at 8-12 bolts and a gasket.

all right then im going to go get to work right now before it gets too dark. yall got me all excited haha theres DEFINATELY no way i can wait now. thanks everybody.

redass02gt Date 5/17/2006 6:11:11 PM

quote:

O/R H-pipe in! butt.....

LMFAO, how the hell did you get the Hpipe in your butt?

hahahaha all right all right my bad.

Quick Reply: O/R H-pipe in! butt.....