4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

DYNO RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: DYNO RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: SXGT

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

good jorb , look into a upgraded torque converter if you want less power loss to the wheels.
249.. looks like your T/B+P, CAI, Predator make about 14rwhp
No. It looks like his Mid-pipe/Catback & TB/Plenum and his tune make 14RWHP.
well if a GT gets about 233rwhp with just midpipe and cat-back. Id imagine the rest is made with his TB + P , predator Tune.
i had 239RWHP with just catback and midpipe.
On a 5 speed.

Honestly with a dyno sheet like that, its hard to accept anything that it says. Wtf is with the spikes etc?

We have been seeing some almost unbelievable numbers on cars that have almost nothing done lately. It seems that more and more dyno shops are succuming to the temptation to over inflate numbers to get more customers.

I would say there is no chance a car with just a tune, catback, x, and some intake boltons will make 250~ rwhp thru a auto tranny.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

or under inflate to **** us off so the shop can do useless work for more money.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:40 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

The spikes like that are from the auto tranny.. like has been said numerous times and no one seems to read it... [&:] cant exactly throw your auto in your 1:1 gear.. you let it slow down it dowshifts.... makes it a pita.

I had spikes on my dynochart kind sort of like the last big one.... made my hp jump quite a bit (hit 280 something on the third run on a spike that we threw out when we printed it). Turns out my MAF was dirty, needed to replace the fuel filter, and spark plugs were terrible.. looked like they had been changed right after the car was bought. It was getting really rough in higher rpms because of all that.. we figured out it was adding and retarding timing at random due to the spark and the a/f was all over the place.... if it leaned and added timing at the same time, I got a BIG jump.. or if it did the opposite I had a pretty big drop.. you can see it all through my chart. I replaced all those things within a week.. havent gone back but its waaaay smoother now than it was.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:43 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

auto's are a pita,but i always see that when someones clutch is going out....weird.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:46 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

auto's are a pita,but i always see that when someones clutch is going out....weird.
I thought when a clutch was going out it was drops not spikes? I've never been on a dyno run or seen a dyno run with someone losing a clutch though [&:]
Old 05-18-2006, 07:02 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I had 281 stock.... :P I was at 343rwhp with heads, internals (bumped compression), catback and a dyno tune, that tune has since gone to s*** and Ive added more parts, so I need to get retuned :-p
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM
zanderwitaz
2nd Gear Member

well if this dyno is right, youre making about 295hp to the flywheel! keep it up!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:08 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

HAV...oh it dropped....it went from 234 to 100hp quick,and went up as high as 340hp....i think he was having more issues than just a clutch
Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

good jorb , look into a upgraded torque converter if you want less power loss to the wheels.
249.. looks like your T/B+P, CAI, Predator make about 14rwhp
No. It looks like his Mid-pipe/Catback & TB/Plenum and his tune make 14RWHP.
well if a GT gets about 233rwhp with just midpipe and cat-back. Id imagine the rest is made with his TB + P , predator Tune.
i had 239RWHP with just catback and midpipe.
On a 5 speed.

Honestly with a dyno sheet like that, its hard to accept anything that it says. Wtf is with the spikes etc?

We have been seeing some almost unbelievable numbers on cars that have almost nothing done lately. It seems that more and more dyno shops are succuming to the temptation to over inflate numbers to get more customers.

I would say there is no chance a car with just a tune, catback, x, and some intake boltons will make 250~ rwhp thru a auto tranny.
I beg to differ my friend. My friend has an 02 GT 5 speed with the exact same mods as mine without a tune or chip and he dyno'ed at 255.4rwhp. Being the I dyno'ed before him that day, I don't see them fudging up numbers to make me look good or to lead me on.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 AM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

When I got my 03 Auto GT dyno'ed, he just put in 2nd for the pull, no shifting at all, nice smooth results, this is when all I had was the catback and K&N,,, everything else was stock and I had a tweaked rearend at the time from an accident, so maybe add a pony or two to make up for the added resistance of a bent axle tube, lol. I sure hope I have better #'s now with my added mods and a nice new STRAIGHT rear end, anyway, point being, to dyno an auto, I believe you should just keep it in one gear, not put it in D and let it shift itself
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: DYNO RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!