MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   99 mustang gt just dies (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/129824-99-mustang-gt-just-dies.html)

*storminnorman* 05-19-2006 02:06 PM

99 mustang gt just dies

the theft light blinks when going down the road and the car stalls and will not crank will turn over had to wait 45 min and un plug the battery and then fired it up. i do not have the ford keys only have aftermarket ones. any help would be great. has new fuel pump and filter and cleaned the idle sensor.

rbstang 05-19-2006 02:34 PM

RE: 99 mustang gt just dies

are you using the key from ford or did you make a copy of the key and tried to use it?

bigedog8 05-19-2006 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: *storminnorman*

the theft light blinks when going down the road and the car stalls and will not crank will turn over had to wait 45 min and un plug the battery and then fired it up. i do not have the ford keys only have aftermarket ones. any help would be great. has new fuel pump and filter and cleaned the idle sensor.
most likely ur problem...how long have u had the car?

rbstang 05-19-2006 02:41 PM

LOL im blind. Thats your problem. You have to go to ford and get a key from them because inside the ford key theres chip and without the chip the ecu thinks your stealing the car and will shut it off
Edit - On my friends explorer he used a made key and after the 6th time it completely shorted out his entire ignition system to prevent someone from stealing it.

*storminnorman* 05-19-2006 04:15 PM

bought the car 3 days ago from paul clark ford in yulee florida and it did not have the ford keys. and the dealer will not fix the car. so for 100.00 a ford dealer in jacksonville will make me a ford key and re program the computer

06mustang88 05-19-2006 04:21 PM

that's bs. if they sold you the car 3 days ago, and they won't give you a FORD key, they are asses. wtf kinda bull$h!t is that????? i'd be pissed if i were you. i'm already pissed and it didn't even happen to me. go in and raise hell. they basicly sold you a car that you could not drive

shadowfoxx 05-19-2006 04:32 PM

that's bs. if they sold you the car 3 days ago, and they won't give you a FORD key, they are asses. wtf kinda bull$h!t is that????? i'd be pissed if i were you. i'm already pissed and it didn't even happen to me. go in and raise hell. they basicly sold you a car that you could not drive

+1

isnt that fraud?!

Hyper00 05-19-2006 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

+1

isnt that fraud?!
Sure is...but that is something you bargain with before you sign the papers. After you say "I'll take it," you then start to mention all the stuff you want done with the car. While the salesman is all excited. I got my tank filled, the car detailed, an extra key AND alarm remote, plus some various Ford items.

Sap 05-19-2006 04:44 PM

First off, selling you a car without keys to start it is certainly enough to drag their asses into small claims court.

I would call Ford, the BBB and anyone else and let them know what bullsh*t this is.

E.

tightdogal 05-19-2006 06:27 PM

yeah man im studying law, thats def fraud. thats BS, why would they give u keys that wont work for a car and three days, what...tuesday? 3 days later they cant help you out? did u get ANY kind of warranty?