4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2001 GT Intake manifold replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:46 AM
hackery

Default 2001 GT Intake manifold replacement options?

Hello,

I have a 01 GT and the short hose that comes from the heater core and goes into the intake manifold broke off. This was due to the plastic piece the hose is attached to which is molded into the platic manifold. From the looks of it I will have to replace the manifold unless I rig/modify a new fitting for the hose. Considering that I am going to slap a new procharger in a couple of months I figured I get an aftermarket intake manifold. Therefore my question would be, does anyone have any suggestions on which manifold to go with considering I will be adding a supercharger in the near future..??

Here is the supercharger I am considering from procharger:
1996-04 4.6 GT Mustang
Description HP Gain Intercooler
10, 12 psi w/ P-1SC 60-80% 3 Core

Right now the car has 105K miles and is modified with a Mac cold air kit and the engine is solid. I plan on turning this stang into a hobby car therefore it will eventually be all done up for the track. Any suggestions with mods or ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2001 GT Intake manifold replacement options?

rpmoutlet.com-- you can get a replacement or like i am considering spending the $ 500 on the new typhoon, esp. if you are going to be adding a s/c in the future. 50 mag did a test on the typhoon with a few minor other mods it produced like 23- 25 h.p.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

id just get the replacement for now, with that type of mileage and running a blower you're gonna really be pushing your engines life span. i mean they are tough motors but i think if youre gonna drop 500 or a grand on an intake it should be for a built motor.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:51 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

thats true, pi replacement is $179 from rpmoutlet.com
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

...... but on the other hand why spend an extra $ 200 on a replacement then turn around and buy another one when you add a s/c?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:17 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

again i just wouldnt be dumping tons of money into an engine with that type of mileage. the difference in price for the intakes is still considerably large and if he decides to rebuild the motor later on he could sell the replacement for a few bucks. im not even sure how good those intakes are without ported heads or better cams, i hear they get their power mostly at higher rpms.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

if anyone wants to read it theres a big article in the may issue of 50 and superfords.( about the typhoon intake)
Old 05-22-2006, 02:54 AM
hackery

Thanks for the quick response guys! You both make good points and what it think it comes down to would be the following: Do I plan on keeping the car and rebuilding the engine with new heads/cams/pistons/ etc.. once it's needed or am I going to move on to my next project? I think I will be keeping this stang for a while so investing the extra $300 ponys might be worth it since it will be one less thing to worry about when it's time to rebuild.

So I think I like that Typhoon and the $530 price tag is not bad either I believe I will also need a new throttle body to accomade the new intake so I will need to look into which one would best fit my config. I'll ad to the post once I get more details on what parts I will purchasing for others in my situation. Thanks for the input!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:50 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

well once again rpmoutlet has good prices on tb/plenum combos!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
hackery

Gentlemen,

It has been a while and I just wanted to follow up with this post! I did buy the TYPHOON Power+Plus intake by professional producst, Plenum, and 75mm throttle body. I must say the performance improvement is nothing short of awesome. My 4th gear top end is super fast and almost scary. I now redline 3rd gear at 110mph. I raced my friend who just bought a 2007 shelby GT350 and he was 1 car lenght in front of me when we hit 100. Keep in mind that I am running stock gears too! The only other mods I have are a MAC cold air intake and some flowmasters. I'll post some pictures later for those of you interested or just hit me up. I have bought the 4:10 gears when I bought the manifold but just been lazy to get them installed :/ Once I get those gears installed I am sure I will be able to pass his shelby If anyone has a good HOW TO in installing those 4:10's then please send it over as my local shop is trying to charge me almost $400 to have them installed, yuck..

Quick Reply: 2001 GT Intake manifold replacement options?