4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Removal Of Exhaust, Loose Power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 PM
luckymckay21
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Removal Of Exhaust, Loose Power?

Man did you get yourself into some hot water!! Well you have already heard this a million times, but you already have a cool *** car!!! You don't need to do any cheap or free mods to make your car cooler, you will get plenty of looks the way it is now. If you instist on making your car louder for free though, you can cut the mufflers off. My friend did it to his 2000GT and it is loud as hell when he gets on it. But i personally think it sounds rough, not tough!! Also remove your air silencer around your air filter. And please don't rice out your car, mustangs are not allowed too!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
cubsalltheway
2nd Gear Member

I think that this is the worst I have seen since I have been on this forum. Word of advice, appreciate what you got. Also, don't worry about what people say about your car, it is yours so do what you want! (What the F**K is the deal with all the rice though?)
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

tellin u drill holes in the cats. will be louder and make them pointless,

by the way try not to sound like a spoiled little bitch next time.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:10 AM
94BlueStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: d3mon

by the way removing the exhaust sounds like crap and is illegal
removing your exhaust DOES sound like crap, take my advice, if your mach came with silenced mufflers(it doesnt sound aggressive) and you want it to for cheap, get CUT OUTS, find someone, i dont know where you live, but i know a guy who does it cheap(for people who dont know how to do themselfs) 50 bucks. i kow many trans ams with cutouts that sound way better than someone with some 800 dollar exhaust system, thing is you dont get the hp perks. i know i will get the ol DONT TAKE HIS ADVICE from everyone on this thread, but i was there once, and jobless, and wanted a nice sounding car, i have clips of before and after LS1 and Lt1 trans am cutouts if you would like me to send, they sound mean, the trans is tuned different being a GM and all,and with the extra displacement, so yours wont come out the same but its better than rollin quite in my books. O and the noise factor, MOST people who do this for you, make it where they give you a plug and when you put the plug on its SILENT as ever before. so look around, maybe at the junkyard.

EDIT: and as for your origional question, YES
Old 05-24-2006, 03:30 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

My Opinion: Concentrate on NOT wrecking the car before you think about mods. If it is your first car, then learn its, and YOUR capabilities with it. Plenty of people wreck their first car, and most people get huge boats or tiny crapboxes.

Good luck man.

(who really cares if youre slower than a Cobra and heavy modded GT's, you still own a Mach 1)
My first car: 1987 volvo 240 DL. the a/c didnt work, it had 143000 miles on it, and thats just because the odometer stopped working. the grill was missing and the guy before me put a huge gash in the side of the drivers door and hit a few fences. the widshield wiper squirter diddnt work so i would have to pour water on the windshield if i wanted to see clearly..... the list goes on and on
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 AM
ying.yang.gt

Bla....Bla.....Bla.......

So you're a lucky bastard, congrats!!!

Keep the exhaust on, if you remove it you will loose back pressure which is necessary for a complete burn in the combustion chamber.

I agree with the other post, you should concentrate on becoming a skilled driver. Way too many guys think they can drive and plow there cars into light poles.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:44 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pudge636

If I remove the exhaust, will I loose power? If so how much will I loose on a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. Its rated at 305. Is their any other "Free" ways to make it louder?
Thanks
eventually I will add exhaust. But that will be a long time.
Its a real bad idea to do this. Just be happy with your car till you can afford to do it right.

If you just unbolt the catback it will sound like total ***, and it might leak exhaust fumes into the car. Just forget about it for now.

BTW, can mach 1s do the silencer delete? I don't think they have one with the shaker system.

BTW, if don't eat lunch at school everyday thats 1$ a day. Just don't eat lunch for 100 days and you will have enough for some mufflers