4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

forging internals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: forging internals?

Im in the same boat as you because I want a screaming mustang. But at that point, you might as well get an 03/04 cobra and pulley/tune it. Im not up on all the engine upgrades and I would have to pay someone else to do it. I would rather start out with the forged cobra and pulley the hell out of it. You can get damn close to 500 rwhp in a pulleyed eaton cobra and you wont have to crack the motor open. Thats just my opinion.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: Jiggy_One

Im in the same boat as you because I want a screaming mustang. But at that point, you might as well get an 03/04 cobra and pulley/tune it. Im not up on all the engine upgrades and I would have to pay someone else to do it. I would rather start out with the forged cobra and pulley the hell out of it. You can get damn close to 500 rwhp in a pulleyed eaton cobra and you wont have to crack the motor open. Thats just my opinion.
well the apointments set and I'm all fired up... no backing out now.... but at least according to previous posts I can make vette owners think somethings wrong with their car... I sorta would like a sleeper more anyways... so I get people challenging me going by the GT emblem
more fun
boosted 4 bangers won't have the ***** to challenge something with an SVT on the back I don't think espessially an 03/04
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

young patowi, you still have much to learn.
cobrapony27
1st Gear Member

If your forging get a kenne bell 2.2 , you want be disappointed.

kenne bell blower comp <--video, These are all 03 cobras but it will give you an idea of what it would be like.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

he does kenne bells as well... but they specialize in the vortech alcohol system, he said close to 4,000 for the vortech out the door... mid 6K for the blowzilla so if I were to get the blowzilla it would probably be close to 15K (dyno tune, injectors, MAF, TB) all included
plus they have more experience with the vortech system
a 03 cobra that got the 2.2 kenne bell kit with the custom pipeing all the way back went through this shop andthat's all he had done annd he did 11.4 and he had to leavebecause he diddn't have a roll cage last weekend
I trust this guy and what he suggested seeing that
Old 05-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: StockD15b

young patowi, you still have much to learn.
am I doing something wrong? or are you making fun of me because of my complete lack of knowlege for the inner working of an engine.... if so yea that's me lol
Old 05-25-2006, 03:01 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

seems like you should see more power than that... i would do a t-trim or the kb 2.2l on a stroked shortblock with stage 2 or 3 heads you should be seening a lot of rwhp. more than 500.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

he said a stroker longblock... whats the difference from a shortblock?
he was just guesingas well withthe numbers... he was pretty swamped
I'm still waiting on what I could run with lol... sorry Brian<---excited
Old 05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

you're likely to snap some axels with that kind of power. then blow out your tranny soon after. have fun with it though.

oh, i have methanol injection on my vortech. i went from 360RWHP to 407RWHP with it. good stuff.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

just out of curiosity... with this setup is it even remotely possible to break 10's or does 11's sound more or less the ballpark
and nobody said what kind of stuff I would be running with yet... with the way you guys are talking... 06 ZO6's? viper SRT-10's?
or am I dreaming?

Quick Reply: forging internals?