4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A Debate on Carbon fiber...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 06:35 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A Debate on Carbon fiber...

you dont put it on NA cars. because it acts just like nitrous cept its liquid and will puddle in an intake manifold unless it has boost forceing it into the engine
Old 05-28-2006, 06:45 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

thats what i thought. wont help a stage 2 much then
Old 05-28-2006, 06:47 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

hurt more than help
Old 05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

many people do stuff to their car just for looks. yadda yadda weight savings, but it wont help. If you want to do it, go ahead. I think a cf hood is kinda ricey. I used to have a civic back in the 90s and it had cf everywhere, it looked good cause cf wasnt very popular then. Do what you want but dont be surprised if people think it is ricey. 400 will also get you a snow performance methanol injection kit, hp > looks any day.
Methanol injection must be the 'in thing' now.[&:] Everyone's doing that.
yeah you're right, dont do it cause it is the "in" thing or popular, who wants more horsepower anyway? idiot.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

hmmm...from the looks of your sig it looks like you dont want more power. idiot.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

many people do stuff to their car just for looks. yadda yadda weight savings, but it wont help. If you want to do it, go ahead. I think a cf hood is kinda ricey. I used to have a civic back in the 90s and it had cf everywhere, it looked good cause cf wasnt very popular then. Do what you want but dont be surprised if people think it is ricey. 400 will also get you a snow performance methanol injection kit, hp > looks any day.
carbon fiber has shaved 278 lbs on my race car. and i bet if i showed you pictures you wouldnt be able to tell me which peices are carbon fiber.

everything but the roof, doors, and bumpers are carbon fiber.
yep, that is great for a race car where i am sure every pound counts. I am all for people doign what they want to their cars. Is a CF hood going to make your street car noticably faster? no. But i am sure adding everything makes a huge difference, to a racer.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

hmmm...from the looks of your sig it looks like you dont want more power. idiot.
apologies.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:30 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

but what you have to realize is that everybody on here wants to have a "race car" so they are doing everything that race car builders do.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

but what you have to realize is that everybody on here wants to have a "race car" so they are doing everything that race car builders do.
first off, let me apologize for the flaming, that was uncalled for. i do want a fast car but dont want a race car. I want the convience of a dd but just with alot more hp. again, people can do what they want. I thought the idea of painting a cf hood and leaving 2 stripes bare would look pretty cool.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

oh by methanol injection you meant supercharger. i thought they were 2 different things

Quick Reply: A Debate on Carbon fiber...