4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Am I getting greedy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:46 PM
91RS04GT

Default Am I getting greedy?

So I stil haven't insured my 04 GT Vert, should happen this week, but in the past my mom has jokingly said I should trade it in and get a Corvette like she has, I've looked on autotrader and I've seen Mustangs that I feel are in worse condition thatn mine asking for more money than I would want for mine. Anywho, the two things wrong with my Mustang are a small dent by the gas tank door, and curb rash on one wheel, this Mustang has about 11200 miles on it. Other than that it's in pristine condition. It's a premium GT fully loaded (Not sure if premium means its fully loaded)

Now for my question, I've been looking on car seller websites and I see some Mach 1's in my area going for roughly 22-23 grand, I'm assuming I could manage to pull off 20000 if I sold mine. A couple Mach 1's were dealer some were private seller. Am I missing any hidden fees when I'm browsing cars? Cause thanks to my mom she got the idea of trading in my Mustang and getting something else.

Should I just be happy with what I have? Because sometimes I wonder if I'd even ever use the convertible feature. And I'm super second guessing myself before I insure it and ahhh my mind is racing.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:06 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Am I getting greedy?

If you like the car, keep it, verts are nice, depending on what you want to do with the car in the future. Getting 20k for an 04 vert is gonna be tough. You might be able to pull high 16's, 17s. My Mach 1 was 22,094.54 out the door - incl taxes, tags, title, GAP Ins, Extd Warranty, etc
Old 05-27-2006, 08:31 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91RS04GT

So I stil haven't insured my 04 GT Vert, should happen this week, but in the past my mom has jokingly said I should trade it in and get a Corvette like she has, I've looked on autotrader and I've seen Mustangs that I feel are in worse condition thatn mine asking for more money than I would want for mine. Anywho, the two things wrong with my Mustang are a small dent by the gas tank door, and curb rash on one wheel, this Mustang has about 11200 miles on it. Other than that it's in pristine condition. It's a premium GT fully loaded (Not sure if premium means its fully loaded)

Now for my question, I've been looking on car seller websites and I see some Mach 1's in my area going for roughly 22-23 grand, I'm assuming I could manage to pull off 20000 if I sold mine. A couple Mach 1's were dealer some were private seller. Am I missing any hidden fees when I'm browsing cars? Cause thanks to my mom she got the idea of trading in my Mustang and getting something else.

Should I just be happy with what I have? Because sometimes I wonder if I'd even ever use the convertible feature. And I'm super second guessing myself before I insure it and ahhh my mind is racing.
what exactly are you looking to do for it? Are you gonna mod it? are you gonna race it on the track or against people on the street??

Or are you just gonna cruise around and enjoy a V8 convertable? If I had no interest in performance I would definatly own a all stock V8 vert and just enjoy summer
Old 05-27-2006, 08:51 PM
91RS04GT

Going to be a daily driver, would like to make my Camaro the Sunday car and drive something more reliable seeing that I'm starting college next semester.

On the Mustang yeah I'll probably do your typical boltons but nothing major, for now at least.

On one shoulder I have the speed demon saying quit being a ***** and do it, on the other its saying you're being a greedy son of a bitch. And the reason I use the term greedy is because the car was a gift.

90% of the time I'll say to myself it was a gift idiot, leave it be at that. But when that 10% of the time comes around I start second guessing myself to oblivion and it starts to tear a whole inside of me.

As for the racing thing eh I don't go super crazy but I've enjoyed putting certain cars back into place. Not planning on making what I get/keep a Viper slayer or anything.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:05 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91RS04GT

Going to be a daily driver, would like to make my Camaro the Sunday car and drive something more reliable seeing that I'm starting college next semester.

On the Mustang yeah I'll probably do your typical boltons but nothing major, for now at least.

On one shoulder I have the speed demon saying quit being a ***** and do it, on the other its saying you're being a greedy son of a bitch. And the reason I use the term greedy is because the car was a gift.

90% of the time I'll say to myself it was a gift idiot, leave it be at that. But when that 10% of the time comes around I start second guessing myself to oblivion and it starts to tear a whole inside of me.

As for the racing thing eh I don't go super crazy but I've enjoyed putting certain cars back into place. Not planning on making what I get/keep a Viper slayer or anything.
The only reason (other than cool factor) to go with a mach/cobra is the better performance. A mach 1 is gonna be alot faster with just basic boltons than a GT. If you don't care about that, there is no reason to trade off your free vert GT
Old 05-28-2006, 01:31 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

if you can sell you gt for 20 g's i would do that in a heart beat.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:38 AM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

IF youre just looking for speed, then the Mach 1 or corvette is a good increase. You will probaly need to put up around 2-4k more, just depends on how much you get for your car though.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:44 AM
luckymckay21
2nd Gear Member

If you can get 20K for your car i am selling mine tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:47 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea like everyone else said, depends on what you want to do. If you are trying to get a Vette and can get good money for the stang, then sure sell it, why not.

But if you are just going to get another mustang... like the others said, it depends.. Do you really want more power? More performance? What are your plans for the car... and so on.

Personally, I just love cruising around in my 00' Vert. Im just making it look good now, and have a good time. Then down the road I will throw a S/C on there, run some boost, and call it a day. I will have my street fun power and looks at the same time for my cruising. So for what I want, I win, lol.

All depends what you want to do. For me, Im never getting to a track, so other than some street fun, dropping 20K in performance defeats the purpose for me.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:56 AM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

I've been looking at 'Stangs in that price range, if I see any GT in the 20's, it's a very low mileage, under 10k, and vert w/ all options. W/ 11.5k on it, and those minor body damages, I'd say you can get mid 17's maybe early 18's for it. Well that's my area, 'Stangs around here sell fast. Depends on your area. Go to CarMax and see what they'll give you, that's about the ballpark for your car.

Quick Reply: Am I getting greedy?