My first Stang Pics! (Bout 10) - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Reload this Page >

My first Stang Pics! (Bout 10)

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My first Stang Pics! (Bout 10)

Old 05-29-2006, 11:47 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My first Stang Pics! (Bout 10)

Yea thats exactly my plans. Wheels are coming next, then I am going to switch out the skirts for some normal ones, and get the wing.

Then maybe see if it looks better without the decal and go from there. Like I said, I wasn't CRAZY about it when I first got it, but the more and more I look at it and realize that its unique, the more and more I actually start to like it.

And like you guys said, I need some wheels to pull it off, thats next on my list, just need the money first.

Check this out, I was never very fond of the bullits, but I found some white bullits with a chrome lip. I want to go white on white because I think it looks nasty. I did a quick chop, see what you think? Also I could only find these in 17's... Anyone know where I can get them in 18's? I don't want 17s again.

Stand back and look at the photo to give you a good idea, up too close looks stupid, because you can see where I chopped it in.

What you think? And can someone find them in 18'? I only found 17' on the internet...

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/E875910CF42D47E5A428376294E445E6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-30-2006, 12:47 AM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

Wheres the damn exhaust clip!?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Wheres the damn exhaust clip!?
99.9% sure it will be filmed this Wednesday, so mid next week! Was this weekend until my friend with the camcorder went to the shore [:@] - Coming very soon thought. [8D]
Old 05-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

I think that the hood is pretty sweet. Keep that decal on it looks hot.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:13 AM
timi
2nd Gear Member

hhmmm, well imo:
1. keep the skirts for a minute at least until you get rims. i agree with some of the replies on that.
2. think about a cobra r wing (the one that sits up high)?
3. totally agree on the different hood. maybe a shaker system to help muscle up the ricer look it has.
4. can you do a chin delete with that bumper and fog lights? cool looking bumber btw.
5. is "mustang' stamped on the bumper? you still could add the decals though
6. i don't know maybe racing stripes would help even out the rice look, unless you like the rice look
Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I think that the hood is pretty sweet. Keep that decal on it looks hot.
Thanks I appreciate it. Never looked bad too me, always a little different. I will most likely keep it, but when I change out the side skirts I will see how it looks w/o the decal and see what I like better.

Anyway comments on that chop I did of those white bullitts? I found some DD 18's, but they seem very rare, mostly 17's. I will probably do normal in the front and DD in the back like most of you have. What you think of those wheels with my car? Any other suggestions. Those are something very different, not like the white saleens. I think they look HOT. Give me some feedback.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

hhmmm, well imo:
1. keep the skirts for a minute at least until you get rims. i agree with some of the replies on that.
2. think about a cobra r wing (the one that sits up high)?
3. totally agree on the different hood. maybe a shaker system to help muscle up the ricer look it has.
4. can you do a chin delete with that bumper and fog lights? cool looking bumber btw.
5. is "mustang' stamped on the bumper? you still could add the decals though
6. i don't know maybe racing stripes would help even out the rice look, unless you like the rice look
See to me, I really don't think its rice, its just a body kit. I do think some parts look ricey and kinda aweful like the side skirts and stuff, but if I got ride of the skirts, I don't think the back looks bad at all, I think it looks pretty damn good actually. I can see why some people think the hood looks good and why some don't, and the bumper is eh, different so what.

I can'y put stripes on a vert, that would look horrible, especially with the hood off to the left, IMO, THAT would be rice for my car. The shaker, Im NOT going to waste my money on that crap.

And I have always thought about having a body shop enter holes for some fog lights. I think that would look amazing. Maybe when I switch out the side skirts down the road I will think about that. That would look sexy, plus no one would have this bumper with fogs in it which would be really cool.

Cobra R wing to me is complete rice unless its the Cobra R. I am going with the Kaminari wing, which looks exactly like the Saleen wing, which would look real good.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:47 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

Imo, the only part that looks ricey is the front bumper and hood. I kinda like the rear bumper. Its way different. Those side skirts are almost working for me.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I just chopped up the hood. If I take out the hood scoop completely and just have that hood without the hood scoop, its looks A LOT nicer.

Check this out here. Kaminari actually sells the same style hood without the carbon fiber insert (scoop + decal).

Hood

Click on the Type-S hood in the bottom left for the picture. Not bad..

Only problem then is, a little too dull, IMO, real real plain.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 AM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

nice ride... just lose the body kit it looks bulky to me, and get a sallen kit or one with a better fit, and definetly get some wheels

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first Stang Pics! (Bout 10)

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.