4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Professional Products Typhoon

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default Professional Products Typhoon

Is this gonna be a hit or a miss? I am thinking of buying one when they come out.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Professional Products Typhoon

be our lab rat and find out for us =)
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

if you have access to may issue of 50 and superfords there is a big article on it. they gained 23 hp on the stang they tested, which included just a few other simple mods like tb/plenum, cai etc.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

but they're claming 23 horseys
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rjgstang

if you have access to may issue of 50 and superfords there is a big article on it. they gained 23 hp on the stang they tested, which included just a few other simple mods like tb/plenum, cai etc.
WHy does everyone keep quoting this darn article. Does anyone actually read the damn thing or just look at the dyno charts. The car they tested it on wasn't stock anyway, it's baseline HP was over 300 RWHP. I think it was a Roush or something. Second, they saw a 23 HP gain over baseline with an Anderson Ford Motorsport Power Pipe, the Professional Products 75mm TB and Plenum,a nd The typhoon intake. THE TYPHOON INTAKE ALONE DID NOT GIVE A 23 HP GAIN. You would not see these gains on a stock or nearly stock motor anyways. The HP gain was not seen until over 5200 RPM. Unless you have forged internals (like the "GT" they tested it on) you cannot rev up to 6800 RPM like they did in the test. You would probably gain 5 RWHP at the most with just installing the intake and these 5 horsies would all be above 5200 RPM, you would actually lose average HP becasue you will be losing low end HP and TQ across the entire RPM band until your last 500 RPM. Now, lest think about this, loss of HP for 4000 RPM's and a gain of HP for 500 RPM's. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............................
Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

WHy does everyone keep quoting this darn article. Does anyone actually read the damn thing or just look at the dyno charts. The car they tested it on wasn't stock anyway, it's baseline HP was over 300 RWHP. I think it was a Roush or something. Second, they saw a 23 HP gain over baseline with an Anderson Ford Motorsport Power Pipe, the Professional Products 75mm TB and Plenum,a nd The typhoon intake. THE TYPHOON INTAKE ALONE DID NOT GIVE A 23 HP GAIN. You would not see these gains on a stock or nearly stock motor anyways. The HP gain was not seen until over 5200 RPM. Unless you have forged internals (like the "GT" they tested it on) you cannot rev up to 6800 RPM like they did in the test. You would probably gain 5 RWHP at the most with just installing the intake and these 5 horsies would all be above 5200 RPM, you would actually lose average HP becasue you will be losing low end HP and TQ across the entire RPM band until your last 500 RPM. Now, lest think about this, loss of HP for 4000 RPM's and a gain of HP for 500 RPM's. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............................

If it sounds to good to be true....
Old 05-31-2006, 12:50 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

i wasnt quoting the article you jack!@#. i was simply letting them know there was an article on it so he could read it and decide for himself!!! sorry mr. mustang expert
Old 05-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

i wasnt quoting the article you jack!@#. i was simply letting them know there was an article on it so he could read it and decide for himself!!! sorry mr. mustang expert
oooooooooo... A fiesty newbie. Didn't mean to get ya all riled up there buddy. I am just tired of people sayin "it will give you 23 HP because that's what the article said". And no, I did not say I was a Mustang expert, but I also do not mislead people by saying that piece of sh** intake gained 23 HP. And, one more thing, I hate it when 16 yr. olds call me a "jack!@#". Grow the fu** up man, this is a online forum, no need to start all the name calling with someone you can't even see, hear, or interact with other than electronically.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

16? im 31 jack!@# you grow the f$%^ up mr expert, why is it that since i have not been on here long that means IM an idiot, hence the word NEWBIE correct??
Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

In all honesty he has a pretty good point. (dragon)

People come on this forum with little or no knowledege about the car they are posting on and start recommending mods to people. Nothing pisses me off more than someone giving out bad advice. bad advice has cost me at least a couple grand (from this forum).

not saying that you are in this catergory nessicarrily, but remeber that it very well could be someone elses money you are wasting by giving out advice that you are not 100 percent sure of.

Quick Reply: Professional Products Typhoon