4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Guys... My Fairwells (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:04 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys... My Fairwells (Long)

LoL, my dad is NOT going to start buying me cars, lol. Are you kidding..?

And just from that last comment, I can see I am getting the hate remarks already... The thing is not even going to be close to 40K by time Im out of college, because my dad will barely even drive it. Plus, Im sure they last a hell of a lot longer than 40K.

But say what you want, Im happy as a pig in ****ing ****.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

LOL love it.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:28 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: 2VNA

He will end up with it but by that time it will be a baby rattle, every vet I have been in with over 40k has more rattles and squeeks. would drive me nuts. I just saw a old stingray in a field as lawn art. Just a shame.
how does that make it any worse than the stang he currently has? from what i've heard, the c5/c6 don't have that issue as much as the previous vettes.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:40 PM
01roush33
1st Gear Member

The typical stereotype for the corvette owner is a fat old guy. down with chevrolet.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

welllllllllllllllll, the typical stereotype for a mustang owner is a 16 year old skinny white kid with acne and no brains except for the one in his pants. nothing like a cop pulling you over for no reason other than that. [:@]

I'd rather a cop think I'm a fat old guy than a skinny 16 year old kid at 3am.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

I just think that there way over rated and over priced for a good new one. Me I would rather have a cobra with a smaller pulley.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Congrats, how are you paying for such an expensive car?? And how do you afford the insurance??
Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

corvettes arent really overrated imo. theyre expensive compared to stangs...but they have a LOT to offer.

Edit: good luck btw meebix! lol.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:06 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Haha I'd have to agree with the stereotypes 100%.

I defy them for the stang owner, and now I will defy them for the Corvette owner. I just know I am going to get a lot of crap from people, because Im not SUPPOSE to be driving a car like that at this age.

They are expensive to replace parts and crap, but Im not really worried. I mean, Stangs are the same way and they have the same reputation for parts blowing out. The Vette probably has a better rep. for that even, but still, what are you going to do.

Congrats, how are you paying for such an expensive car?? And how do you afford the insurance??
Well I am selling my Stang to my brother, because he has always wanted one. Then I am going to owe my dad about 4K which I will easily pay off this summer. As for the insurance, we are doing the same thing for the Vette as for the Stang. My dad is only paying 1/2 coverage, which means I basically cannot cause an accident. If someone hits me, Im fine, but if I cause an accident, we are screwed. So thats how we cut down on the cost, and we did the same for the Stang. Also, unlike the Stang, we would only be insurring the Vette for 6 months out of the year, which cuts down on cost, because obviously the Vette isn't a DD. So thats that.

corvettes arent really overrated imo. theyre expensive compared to stangs...but they have a LOT to offer.
I also think for a NEW one, they are a little overpriced, but I have to agree with you, they do have a LOT to offer.

And thanks!!

I just think that there way over rated and over priced for a good new one. Me I would rather have a cobra with a smaller pulley.
And yea its funny, because when my dad 1st brought it up, I said I would rather have a Cobra. Then when he was actually serious, I said to myself, WAIT.... What the **** are you thinking. Cobra or Vette? Umm... Vette. May be once in a lifetime chance here.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

Congrats man.

Quick Reply: Guys... My Fairwells (Long)