4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Guys... My Fairwells (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default Guys... My Fairwells (Long)

Well, I sold my car. It is going to be extremely tough giving up the stang that I became so attacted to, BUT...
Its still going to be in the family. Needless to say, my brother will now own my mustang and as for me... As of tomorrow morning, I will own a 2000 C5 Yellow Convertible Corvette!!!!!

First let me get into how this happened. My dad has been talking for a while now about possibly getting one. It is his only chance to get one NOW, hes 50, and he didn't want to wait until he was 65 to get his dream car. So instead, with the help of me selling my car to my brother, who has always wanted a mustang, will be helping fund the Corvette. And it makes sense for me because just like he wants his dream car now, I MAY never get another chance at a corvette. I had to seize the opportunity.

Now I know most of you are saying Im crazy because I am paying for a lot of the car, and its going to be my dads. Wrong, the car will be in my name, its MY car. My dad will be driving it the next 4 years while I am at college, but the furthest he ever goes it like to the bagel shop up the street, lol... and of course I will be home in the summer to take it out - So I told him, I just wanted to make sure that it was MY car since I was giving up my stang for it, and thats exactly what is going to happen. We will only insure the car 6 months of the year, as obviously you CANNOT drive this car at all during the winter.

Now a little bit about the car!

Its a 2000 C5 Yellow Convertible Corvette:

- The car ONLY has 5,550 miles on it! This guy never drove the thing. Only in perfect weather, which is awesome, it looks like its right out of a showroom

- It has 2 factory upgrades. The Z51 package and the Sport Transmission (Touring/Competitve Modes)

- Chrome Wheels with a Brembo rotors and brakes upgrade

- Interior is basically all the same.

I am soo excited I cannot even tell you. Any most of you are also asking yourself, well, when you get out of college, WTF are you going to drive? I will most likely end up leasing a car for a while until I can get enough money to grab a stable DD car. The Corvette like I said will only be insured 6 months of the year, and making it a DD is practically worthless. The car is EASILY worth about $44K, but the guy advertised it for 32K, and my dad did some negotioations, the price is very fair, so the guy didn't drop much, but I think my dad got him to drop about 2K, better than nothing.

My brother, who will own my car is still only 16. He has his permit and will get his lisence next February. He is going to register here and will make a username which I will let you guys know what it is. Ill give him my sig, so you know its him!

As for me, I just wanted to say fairwell to the 4.6 MF Members, you guys are awesome. I am definitely 100% still going to be around the forums and post and whatnot, but I am also going to be active on one of the corvette forums too! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who help me learn about my car, and helped me make decisions.

I get a new start now, a new project... Its going to be amazing. I definitely won't go crazy with the car, and I won't have the money to do anything right away. I just want to add an exhaust, short throw, and a few other things down the line, but thats going to be it. I need to pay off my portion of the car this summer, which won't be bad at all, but that means I got to get money for the exhaust and whatnot.

Anyway, Im dragging on. As of tomorrow morning, we are going to put a deposit on the car, and it will be at my house Tuesday!
I am now a Corvette Kid, lol. I just have to find a way to put up with all the negativism that will come my way now, because 18 year old kids are NOT suppose to be driving Corvettes. But I don't feel that bad because every other kid I know has a car costing more than the Vette, just not as nice, and unlike me, they are all stuck up.

Thanks guys! Ask questions, comments, whatever.

-Mike
Old 06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Guys... My Fairwells (Long)

I'm so jealous of you that I want to kill you and take your car.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 PM
willyd465
3rd Gear Member

good luck with the vett, congrats on such a nice car
Old 06-02-2006, 06:08 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I'm so jealous of you that I want to kill you and take your car.
Haha, I am jealous of myself. I just feels like a dream, I haven't comprehended it yet, its going to be amazing.

My dad always talks, but never walks... This time he pulled it out of his ***, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

you will never get the vette, he's gonna keep it, you just don't know it yet.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

you will never get the vette, he's gonna keep it, you just don't know it yet.
Haha, I would actually hunt you down if that statement were to prove true.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

me? why? I'm not your dad....

OR AM I?? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

ok...
Old 06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

why does your dad need you to buy a vette? ive always bought my own and my kids car when they were in hi school and collage. never have had avette (dont really want one) but i have had a new car every couple years since i started driving
Old 06-02-2006, 06:58 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

He will end up with it but by that time it will be a baby rattle, every vet I have been in with over 40k has more rattles and squeeks. would drive me nuts. I just saw a old stingray in a field as lawn art. Just a shame.

Quick Reply: Guys... My Fairwells (Long)