4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

COPS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:34 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

Default RE: COPS!!!!!!!

ya we got a few chargers ive seen the past coupel days in MD
Old 06-05-2006, 11:48 AM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

We have an ls1 z28 and a 96-98 GT. I haven't actually seen them used though. They are sitting at the highway patrol academy we have in town. Everything else in town is either a crown vic or impala. I have heard of the c5s running around down in texas, but we don't really have a need for that sort of stuff where I live because a crown vic is actually faster than most civics LOL.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

In south Florida (where I live) the highway patrol has a couple of steeda mustangs.. they may have more but definatly have 2 that I have seen... one red and one yellow.. they are both unmarked and usually patrol together on weekend speed traps every now and then... they are not the new type body style they are the 99-04 style... they're pretty cool.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
dochol01

There are a few Mach I's being used by highway patrol her in New Mexico.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:28 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

welll im in upstate new york . . lol we got crown vics and impalas . hahah but on occasion ive seen a camaro . . .it was f'in sweet
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

We have the new Chargers here in AZ. But the local street cops have a special group that go driving around on Friday and Saturday nights in street cars. They will race up and down the streets with you until they get on the radio and call in a cruiser to arrest you, impound your car, and keep you in jail for a night. I however do not street race. There is a place and time to push your car and the streets is not the place to do it.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

in my county in Florida we have z28's for Highway patrol, then a handfull of other muscle cars as regular cop cars. Dicks...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:45 PM
00ModGT
2nd Gear Member

In Middletown, De its really boring . we have the norm of crown victorias and nearby in MD its mainly impalas that ive seen. However when i was on vacation in south carolina i remember eating at a cracker barrel and seeing a z/28 cop car in the parking lot. that was the only time i saw something like that,
Old 06-05-2006, 12:55 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

We have the new Chargers here in AZ. But the local street cops have a special group that go driving around on Friday and Saturday nights in street cars. They will race up and down the streets with you until they get on the radio and call in a cruiser to arrest you, impound your car, and keep you in jail for a night. I however do not street race. There is a place and time to push your car and the streets is not the place to do it.
Thats entrapment, they cant race you and then arrest you. Besides, theyre just as negligent and reckless as the person they are racing. But I guess the constitution doesnt really matter anymore anyway (thank you Patriot act). The government can do what they want and you cant do didly about it.
As for the cop stangs and camaros, there arent any around anymore, most of the Police stations got rid of them because they dont jump curbs very well. As for what they drive, crown vic's, yukon, tahoes, chevy and dodge pick ups, Expedition, Harleys.
-P.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:09 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

here in naperville we have 1 white camaro, and 2 240sx race cars that the police have impounded and now drive around looking for races. but no mustangs? and also a few cops are now driving the chargers but theres only a few of em out there.

Quick Reply: COPS!!!!!!!