4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

things are looking up-update on blower

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:33 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

Default things are looking up-update on blower

well memorial day weekend i fixed the sputtering i was having. it turned out to be the gasket mac sent me for the midpipe, thing was a piece of ****. so i used the stocket midpipe gasket, worked like a friggin charm. i then replaced my boost gauge vac line with the right sized line, and completely redid my blower inlet. it was a serious piece of crap setup i had for it before, but this time i did it right (the fitment was a bitch and i had to get creative). homedepot rocks by the way. i replaced the iac a week back or so and damn...the car runs 100 times smoother. the one i had before was off my old motor so it was 10+ years old. i also relocated the iat, had to extend the wire for it and it seems to still work so i didnt mess that up. ive been driving the car around a bit, and besides my leaky *** exhaust, it is amazing. its the little things that really make a difference. i mean compared to 2 weeks ago when it was running like crap, my car is like a friggin mercedes. i also got a new c&l plenum and a mac tb, i should be finally getting to the dyno after i slap that on.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: things are looking up-update on blower

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

well memorial day weekend i fixed the sputtering i was having. it turned out to be the gasket mac sent me for the midpipe, thing was a piece of ****. so i used the stocket midpipe gasket, worked like a friggin charm. i then replaced my boost gauge vac line with the right sized line, and completely redid my blower inlet. it was a serious piece of crap setup i had for it before, but this time i did it right (the fitment was a bitch and i had to get creative). homedepot rocks by the way. i replaced the iac a week back or so and damn...the car runs 100 times smoother. the one i had before was off my old motor so it was 10+ years old. i also relocated the iat, had to extend the wire for it and it seems to still work so i didnt mess that up. ive been driving the car around a bit, and besides my leaky *** exhaust, it is amazing. its the little things that really make a difference. i mean compared to 2 weeks ago when it was running like crap, my car is like a friggin mercedes. i also got a new c&l plenum and a mac tb, i should be finally getting to the dyno after i slap that on.
good deal man. Now all you need is a MPH tune
Old 06-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Good news. I know how you feel cuz I was messin with my damn blower for three months last summer sending it back to Vortech twice. Such a relief to get it all squared away but now I'm broke LOL. Oh well I got a fast car after all.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Kick *** man, HURRY UP WITH THE DYNO RESULTS!!! lol, cant wait to see the power your puttin out.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

all im really waiting on is my tb, so ill do the plenum and tb this weekend then get an appointment for next week/weekend. i might switch out my exhaust before that though, but i doubt thatll cause any problems if i doit after the tune. im just looking to get maybe 380 whp with this pulley. oh and voodoo that sucks man, i havent had any issues with vortech just with my ten year old car and my mechanical incompetence.