4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno Results coming tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
BBZracing
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results coming tomorrow

These #'s are good to know.

Thanks

I have prettey much the same mods so I'm glad u posted.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

I was hoping someone would ask. Now before anyone call BS on me, I am gonna say that it is always a drivers race. Today, on our way to get the dyno we had to race (obviously). My stupid *** forgot to turn the TC off, but when I actually grabbed in 2nd I was keeping up with him. In order to really tell we need to run them at the track. I can tell you that the 3.73's helped a bunch. I think I would have had him but that damn traction control screwed me. I will let you guys know how it goes next time we race and I remember to turn the damn thing off. There is a nice long road outside the power plant where I work that we always used to race down, so we should have plenty of opputunities in the future now that he is coming back on first shift.
I don't know if you read my thread in the s&s section about my first ls1 encounter but I got him off the line and then he caught back up on the top end and that was before my tune which my baseline was like 264.12RWHP and 266.27lbs of torque. So I could see where you would have some chance but those damn things always catch back up
Old 06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sfi

I had my car air/fuel tuned at Livernoise Racing in Detroit last Thursday with the SCT software on a dyno jet. IM dissapointed that I too have everybolt on there is , other than a electric water pump, and I only dyno at 255.6 RHP and 289.8 Torque. What I will say
is the car runs twice as good as it did with the predator tune, especally in low and midrange. They tuned at part throttle as well as WOT and the car runs wicked. It's hard to beleieve it's 255.6 RHP, it just seems to low w/ all the boltons I have and the way the car runs now. I thought Id be in the 270-280 range. It proves a point that these bolt on ads are not even close to advertising. Im running a pretty close to perfect air/fuel tune, It doen't seem Ill ever see 300 even with a stage 1 cam. I know a stag 1 cam will not pick/up 45 hp. SO how do these people in this forum claim they do ???? The tune was downloaded on a SCT programmer and flash to my car. Anyone need a predator ?????
you have an automatic. so you would be a little less than normal.

and arent march pulleys piggyback? arent those the ones that dont do anything unlike steeda's that are not piggyback?

oh and a GOOD tune goes a long way. that and stage 1's will get you damn close. probably enough that the electric water pump would get you there.

<<<<-being a little optimistic
Old 06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M1ke

ORIGINAL: sfi

I had my car air/fuel tuned at Livernoise Racing in Detroit last Thursday with the SCT software on a dyno jet. IM dissapointed that I too have everybolt on there is , other than a electric water pump, and I only dyno at 255.6 RHP and 289.8 Torque. What I will say
is the car runs twice as good as it did with the predator tune, especally in low and midrange. They tuned at part throttle as well as WOT and the car runs wicked. It's hard to beleieve it's 255.6 RHP, it just seems to low w/ all the boltons I have and the way the car runs now. I thought Id be in the 270-280 range. It proves a point that these bolt on ads are not even close to advertising. Im running a pretty close to perfect air/fuel tune, It doen't seem Ill ever see 300 even with a stage 1 cam. I know a stag 1 cam will not pick/up 45 hp. SO how do these people in this forum claim they do ???? The tune was downloaded on a SCT programmer and flash to my car. Anyone need a predator ?????
you have an automatic. so you would be a little less than normal.

and arent march pulleys piggyback? arent those the ones that dont do anything unlike steeda's that are not piggyback?
i calculated if his car was manual.. he would of put down 270rwhp... which is a very good number to put down no matter what it is.... so he put down in the norm then for it being auto.