4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

warranty warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:37 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: warranty warranty

Dan did you get your Mach 1 yet???
Old 04-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 03BlackSteed

Dan did you get your Mach 1 yet???
I don't like how he tried stiffing me on my trade-in at the last moment. I basically told them to eat ****...
Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

It is clearly written on paper that Ford will reject any warranty claims on an engine if it has a modified computer chip.
That's another reason I went w/the reflash.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
srt4ben

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

I work at a FORD dealership. And i would reject anyones warranty if i see anything that doesnt come with the car from the factory. If it didnt come with the car from the factory then it voids youre warranty. FORd sees it this way, anything you put on aftermarket and it ruins another part then youre warranty is void. You put a K&N filter on and the oil from the filter gum's up youre MAF then good bye warranty. We did it to someone on an Explorer. Some kid came in with an 02 SVT focus and he had an AEM cold air kit and an aftermarket throttle body. We voided his warranty, because his intake runner broke, so FORD didnt pay for it. But on the other side of the field i warranty the sh*t out of my FORD's because i work there, so i do all the work.
(Bringing this thread back from the dead)Well how about Ford performace mods installed by ford dealers on a 07-08 gt?
Exhaust, gears?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: srt4ben

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

I work at a FORD dealership. And i would reject anyones warranty if i see anything that doesnt come with the car from the factory. If it didnt come with the car from the factory then it voids youre warranty. FORd sees it this way, anything you put on aftermarket and it ruins another part then youre warranty is void. You put a K&N filter on and the oil from the filter gum's up youre MAF then good bye warranty. We did it to someone on an Explorer. Some kid came in with an 02 SVT focus and he had an AEM cold air kit and an aftermarket throttle body. We voided his warranty, because his intake runner broke, so FORD didnt pay for it. But on the other side of the field i warranty the sh*t out of my FORD's because i work there, so i do all the work.
(Bringing this thread back from the dead)Well how about Ford performace mods installed by ford dealers on a 07-08 gt?
Exhaust, gears?
This is an old *** thread. Regardless. The poster that won't warranty anything is an a-hole. Find a dealer that will take care of you. Any FRPP parts that are installed by the dealer are covered under warranty anyway.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Some dealerships just plain suck for warranty work on modded cars. I had a guy come into BestBuy the other day that said the dealership was going to void his warranty because we installed a "peripheral" for his Ipod connection on his factory shaker system. They said it was affecting his PCM causing his Roush to throw codes. They tried to charg him 560 bucks because it voided his warranty.

Side note: My GF caught the deallership driving his car around town so they back pedled everything.

That morning after my GF dropped me off from work she text'd me telling me she just saw a sweet Roush pealing out down the street. 2 hours later this customer calls up and asks us about the warranty of the product we installed for him. THen he mentioned he had a Red stage 2 roush. I told him my GF just text'd me about a sweet 05+ Roush doing a burn out down the road from my work. (Which is a block down from the dealership) He dropped his car off the day before so it wasn't him. They agreed to not charge him and forwarded his complaint to a Ford lawyer. My GF and I went to the dealership to see if we could identify who was driving the car. It was the manager. lol Last we heard, the lawyers where supposed to call us sometime next week! lol
Old 11-24-2007, 03:25 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

It all depends on the dealership. My warranty was voided because they said my longtubes caused my spun bearing. LOL I don't know where they got their training but I know that longtubes can not cause spun bearings. All Ford dealers suck. Screw the warranty and mod your car.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:39 AM
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Its called the Moss-Magnuson act and gives you a lot to fall back on. Basically it states very clear, the Dealer must "Prove that without a Doubt" that the aftermarket part caused the damage. I had a Vortec on my Bullitt and the only thing they wouldn't warranty was the short block if it S**T the bed. My first run in with the woman service manager was when the A/C compressor popped a seal, she tried saying that they wouldn't fix it but right after she read the M-M act and called the District rep she backed off and they did it. One had nothing to do with the other and it really just comes down to common sense, plus they will always try to get out of any warranty work if they can.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

The Magnusson-Moss consumer protection act of 1975 provides protections regardingaftermarket auto parts amoung many other things, however if a dealer/manufacturer can prove the aftermarket part caused or even partially caused the breakdown they can refuse warranty coverage. They cannot completely void a car's warranty however, only the affected parts/system.[/align][/align]Read more here from the SEMA website...[/align][/align]FWIW - Casper98GT's stealership is a lawsuit waiting to happen if they are indeed voiding entire warrantys because of CAIs and other innocuous bolt-ons--however I suspect this is really just that poster blowing more hot-air...[/align]
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: FDNYBullitt

Its called the Moss-Magnuson act and gives you a lot to fall back on. Basically it states very clear, the Dealer must "Prove that without a Doubt" that the aftermarket part caused the damage. I had a Vortec on my Bullitt and the only thing they wouldn't warranty was the short block if it S**T the bed. My first run in with the woman service manager was when the A/C compressor popped a seal, she tried saying that they wouldn't fix it but right after she read the M-M act and called the District rep she backed off and they did it. One had nothing to do with the other and it really just comes down to common sense, plus they will always try to get out of any warranty work if they can.
Thats only true to an extent. I find that Ford dealers are the biggest pain in the *** on the planet. I had a Nissan years ago, it was actually out of warranty, I gave the service manager $50, and they put a new trans in it. They just used the vin off a lease return sitting on the lot. But they never had any cars in for service. I would actually roll in there without an appointment, they'd start working on it, and I'd leave in a loaner car. I'd like to see that happen at a Ford dealer.

Quick Reply: warranty warranty