4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

warranty warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: warranty warranty

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

ORIGINAL: FDNYBullitt

Its called the Moss-Magnuson act and gives you a lot to fall back on. Basically it states very clear, the Dealer must "Prove that without a Doubt" that the aftermarket part caused the damage. I had a Vortec on my Bullitt and the only thing they wouldn't warranty was the short block if it S**T the bed. My first run in with the woman service manager was when the A/C compressor popped a seal, she tried saying that they wouldn't fix it but right after she read the M-M act and called the District rep she backed off and they did it. One had nothing to do with the other and it really just comes down to common sense, plus they will always try to get out of any warranty work if they can.
Thats only true to an extent. I find that Ford dealers are the biggest pain in the *** on the planet. I had a Nissan years ago, it was actually out of warranty, I gave the service manager $50, and they put a new trans in it. They just used the vin off a lease return sitting on the lot. But they never had any cars in for service. I would actually roll in there without an appointment, they'd start working on it, and I'd leave in a loaner car. I'd like to see that happen at a Ford dealer.

thats becuase ford actualy has business^ lol. my mom is the head warranty person at a dealership in Texas.. come on ppl its a business! of course they are gonna find a way to void your warranty. DUUH!! if you dont want warranty...dont get extended when you buy your car? if your going to mod your car dont get pissed if something breaks and they void it. if it wasnt for my mom i would have gears and cams by now... but she wpont let me lol.. but i still have full bolt ons almost(lts are waiting to get put in)

Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Fobra
Banned

why does a dealer ship care about warranty repairs? Dont they just bill ford anyway? (other than that makes ford not happy
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

Its called the Moss-Magnuson act and gives you a lot to fall back on. Basically it states very clear, the Dealer must "Prove that without a Doubt" that the aftermarket part caused the damage. I had a Vortec on my Bullitt and the only thing they wouldn't warranty was the short block if it S**T the bed. My first run in with the woman service manager was when the A/C compressor popped a seal, she tried saying that they wouldn't fix it but right after she read the M-M act and called the District rep she backed off and they did it. One had nothing to do with the other and it really just comes down to common sense, plus they will always try to get out of any warranty work if they can.
Thats only true to an extent. I find that Ford dealers are the biggest pain in the *** on the planet. I had a Nissan years ago, it was actually out of warranty, I gave the service manager $50, and they put a new trans in it. They just used the vin off a lease return sitting on the lot. But they never had any cars in for service. I would actually roll in there without an appointment, they'd start working on it, and I'd leave in a loaner car. I'd like to see that happen at a Ford dealer.

thats becuase ford actualy has business^ lol. my mom is the head warranty person at a dealership in Texas.. come on ppl its a business! of course they are gonna find a way to void your warranty. DUUH!! if you dont want warranty...dont get extended when you buy your car? if your going to mod your car dont get pissed if something breaks and they void it. if it wasnt for my mom i would have gears and cams by now... but she wpont let me lol.. but i still have full bolt ons almost(lts are waiting to get put in)

Yeah, business with ****ty broken cars. Ever notice how many explorers are in a Ford service bay at one time?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:03 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Yeah, business with ****ty broken cars. Ever notice how many explorers are in a Ford service bay at one time?
if you dont like the product quit your bitching and sell your car..that simple. if you take care of your car 9/10 times it will last and run just fine.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Sell what car? I said before the only Ford worth anything is the Mustang. Which I don't take to a dealer anyway.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

At the GM dealer I work at, we had an Explorer in the body shop that needed a rim replaced. They service advisor gave me the repair order and said "We need to change the rim on that Exploder out there." I said "Don't you mean Explorer?" And he goes "No."
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 AM
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Its really up to the individual, I had theFactory and theFord ESP extended and with the way things break on these cars it was worth it. Like the A/C problem, that repair alone was just about the cost of the ESP, now add in a Hydra-boost problem, or a rack andpinion problem, PS pump,power window, radio etc etc this stuff adds upand you need to decide if its worth it. If it gets rolled into your monthly payments ( Extended ) its like $25 a month which may be worth the peace of mind. They can't VOID your warranty, they can just refuse to do a repair on an item, like if you put cams in the motor and it blows up, sure they can refuse and have every right to but if your power mirrors fail, well, one thing has nothing to do with the other.