4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Suspension, alignement, + extras

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:37 AM
BigFuzzyArchon

Default RE: Suspension, alignement, + extras

alignment costs ~$50 right?

My stang pulls so slighty to the left it isnt even noticable unless i let go of the wheel.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:03 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

yeah mine isnt noticable unless i let go of the wheel either.. and when i SLAM MY BRAKE (stock) my car does this weird stop turn type ordeal. ANYHOW. i need some feedback on suspension parts that are necessary to replace? like should i buy all new bushings? a kmember? whats really good to have on there.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
cobrapony27
1st Gear Member

if he just looked at the brakes and didnt test drive it then he wouldnt catch it. You cant see a warped rotor with your eye, you have to put a .001" indicator mic on the rotor surface and turn thew rotor to see how bad it is.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

it really all depends on how much your looking to spend. if your doing lowering springs definitly get different shock/struts. I just did mine this weekend and they really helped with the ride quality and handleing. the k-member is always a plus as is the bushings, but its all based on $
Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

i had a guy check to see if the rotors are warped and he said they werent.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

my 03 just hit 45k.. should i rotate my rotors since im not upgrading my brakes yet?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
jmmorgan82
3rd Gear Member

I put 133k miles on my 99 Silverado, and never had to touch the brakes once. It all depends on how hard you are on the brakes if you need them serviced yet or not. at 45k, i would say no.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:52 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

sounds good thanks.. also another question

my alignment is pulling to the right.. so im going to get it down and get some c/c plates installed. if the ride handles perfect again i know the suspension is fine so im going to install the adjustable shocks and the sportlines a week or two after. then i just have to get it aligned again? or what?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

If my alignment is off and currently sways lightly to the right. should i get the alignment fixed and checked by ford before i install my shocks/struts/and springs?

Also, should i do my c/c, bump steer and x2 ball joints all at the same time? or after i install the shocks and springs and align. than get the alignment done again?

Im goin with a 2in drop on adjustable shocks. is there any other important parts i should buy? like tie rod ends or something? I want to make sure the suspension is ****ing tight and has no problems? TECH GUYS let me know whats up?

With 2 inches of drop, go with the c/c plates, bump steer kit, x2 joints and shorter sway bar links for the front. For the rear you'll want to get an adjustable or shorter pinion snubber because with 2 inches of drop, the factory snubber will be to long. With all that, you'll have a lowered stance with an as-close-as-you-can-get-it stock suspension geometry. Get it aligned after you do the work and have the tires balanced for good measure.

You don't really need a K member unless you plan on installing coil-overs and tubular a-arms. IMO, don't bother unless you plan on road racing or need to loose weight for drag racing.

Just my two cents.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:08 AM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

I don't take any guys word on anything, when it comes to my car. Get a 1 TO 2" micrometer and measure it, a variation of .010 in thickness will knock your teeth out braking. BTW, measure it when the brakes are hot, they'll be worse. I guarantee your mechanic knows what to do, he's just too damn lazy, or busy to do it. Get another mechanic.

John

Quick Reply: Suspension, alignement, + extras