4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just got a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Bak3man

Default RE: Just got a new Mustang

yeah well these guys r my friends and i race them daily... lol and im honestly keeping up with this '94 cammed and ported heads lt1 in fact we are even from a start til he starts getting in the higher rpms.... then he slightly pulls away at like 50 60 miles an hour. then the corvette jumps on me off the line and he is one car length away from me the whole quarter mile exactly... the 99 ss just freakin walks away from me... lol more like runs away from me... but iono ima get it on the dyno soon and i'll update you guys
Old 06-15-2006, 07:20 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Here's what im talking about man. This is nothing special so far as LT1 packages go, and acutally their smallest kit:

http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsLT1.html

"With a daily drivable hydraulic roller cam, these heads will typically make 445-475 SAE corrected FWHP"

Unfortunatly for both you and me, the 2v 4.6 cannot even dream of making this kind of power, even with a fully built engine, N/A. Running 10 PSI with full boltons/cams I am putting down 415~ WHP which is somewhere in the 450-475 flywheel horsepower range, or almost exactly what this engine package is supposed to put out.

If you are running around door to door with a heads/cam LT1 then someone snuck a turbo or supercharger on there for ya. I think someone is BSin you about what exactly has been done to their car.

So far as LS1's go, I assume you are saying that a stock LS1 up and walked off on ya. This is what I would expect, but a heads/cam/boltons LT1 would simply eat up a stock LS1 car.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Bak3man

its not a stock ls1... the ls1 has many bolt ons and its dyno tuned at 330 rwhp. and your talkin a powerful roller cam dude... im sayin they ordered a cam that cost prolly 150-200 bucks and had the heads ported by a machine shop with tuned headers and exaust but not true dual. so he's prolly makin about 300 rwhp but we rnt for sure
Old 06-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Bak3man

oh and i'll also get back to you about the rpms on the highways... i think it runs at like 75 mph in fifth at like....2000 rpm? i'll check tomorrow
Old 06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bak3man

its not a stock ls1... the ls1 has many bolt ons and its dyno tuned at 330 rwhp. and your talkin a powerful roller cam dude... im sayin they ordered a cam that cost prolly 150-200 bucks and had the heads ported by a machine shop with tuned headers and exaust but not true dual. so he's prolly makin about 300 rwhp but we rnt for sure

Right off the bat I would like to mention that most LS1's dyno about 300-310rwhp stock, so many bolt ons and only 330rwhp, that sounds kinda fishy to me, but whatever. If your talking about an LT1 with a cam, ported heads, headers, and exhaust and only 300rwhp, somethings seems to be wrong with these Chevys, oh yeah I forgot, its a CHEVY, LOL, no really though, those #'s seem a bit low for the mods. Oh yeah, what are "tuned headers"?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Bak3man, I hate to break it to you.....

But several of us around here have been down the strip and then some, so a vast majority of us are familiar with modified LT1's and LS1's. It's very very obvious you are absolutely clueless when it comes to LT1's and LS1's and even 4.6 modular motors.

Please, stop guessing what your buddies cars are making for hp and trying to make it look like your car is faster than what it most likely is.

A LT1 with heads & cam + exhaust will make LAUGHING stock of 330RWHP. You must not be familiar with a pushrod motor and what ported heads & a cam will do for it. Now if you are talking about a LS1....hah, let's not even go there, let's just say you should know better....

As for being told the guy who traded in that car owned a racing shop in Phoenix. Let's look at this for a moment, you get LESS money on a trade-in than you would with a private sale. Now given that the story IS true (which it's not), this 'guy' who owned the 'racing shop' would have 50 of his own clients, willing to take that car off his hands for whatever kind of money he demanded. Believe me, the car didn't come from a guy who owned a racing shop, you're obviously a gullable kid and they were going to tell you anything you wanted to hear to lock the deal.

From your pics, it sure looks like you have a stock non-pi turd, so you are lucky to have all of 190rwhp on a good day. If I'm magically wrong and somehow this guy who owned the racing shop, managed to make a 'cast' looking TB and plenum.... I don't think so. Also, what the hell is wrong with the firewall? Why is it all chewed up right above it?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Also, just a couple words of advice, every once in a while (Fat nick most recently) we get a member who claims to have some sort of freak, or they aren't aware of the mods and can magically beat cars with upwards of 100 more RWHP (you alllllll know who you are)........ the members here are quick to notice the BS and you will have one hell of a time trying to get any advice here & one hell of a time trying to get anyone to take you serious here.

I highly suggest you look at the situation again and really take our advice and information in and quit the guessing and talking like you know what you are doing. It's not some personal attack against you by me, I'm just letting you know this will get ugly reallllllllllllllly fast and you won't be having any fun at Mustangforums.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:38 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Bak3man, I hate to break it to you.....

But several of us around here have been down the strip and then some, so a vast majority of us are familiar with modified LT1's and LS1's. It's very very obvious you are absolutely clueless when it comes to LT1's and LS1's and even 4.6 modular motors.

Please, stop guessing what your buddies cars are making for hp and trying to make it look like your car is faster than what it most likely is.

A LT1 with heads & cam + exhaust will make LAUGHING stock of 330RWHP. You must not be familiar with a pushrod motor and what ported heads & a cam will do for it. Now if you are talking about a LS1....hah, let's not even go there, let's just say you should know better....

As for being told the guy who traded in that car owned a racing shop in Phoenix. Let's look at this for a moment, you get LESS money on a trade-in than you would with a private sale. Now given that the story IS true (which it's not), this 'guy' who owned the 'racing shop' would have 50 of his own clients, willing to take that car off his hands for whatever kind of money he demanded. Believe me, the car didn't come from a guy who owned a racing shop, you're obviously a gullable kid and they were going to tell you anything you wanted to hear to lock the deal.

From your pics, it sure looks like you have a stock non-pi turd, so you are lucky to have all of 190rwhp on a good day. If I'm magically wrong and somehow this guy who owned the racing shop, managed to make a 'cast' looking TB and plenum.... I don't think so. Also, what the hell is wrong with the firewall? Why is it all chewed up right above it?
LOL, I just went back and looked, that **** is funny, looks like a rat or something got stuck under the hood and had to chew its way to freedom. Everything you said Dan is soooo true, but whatever, we should be used to these guys who just got their Stang and is disappointed in the performance, hell, I was too, but you get over it once you start to mod.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bak3man

Thats just a hair better than a stock LS1. Sounds to me like he's got a lid and a catback. And thats about it.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Bak3man

yeah well he has done a few mods to it since then and you cant really judge the ram air portion in a dyno but either way yeah i guess your right he should be making more horse, but im not talking about him right now cuz he smokes my **** lol. tuned headers r headers that are performance... like you can get headers that arent tuned that wont gain you any horse and you can get headers taht are tuned that will you know? and im starting to think there is something wrong with my buds lt1 engine cuz its starting to run like **** right now for some reason. when he raced me his engine was running fine.. iono, but either way that still doesnt explain the corvette

Quick Reply: Just got a new Mustang