rebuilt engine - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 AM   #1  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default rebuilt engine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...spagenameZWD1V

I know someone on this forum has bought this, at this time of the day I can't recall who...

This is exactly what I'm saving up for to buy sometime next year but I want to know the quality, running smoothness, etc... how was the company to deal with and such... thanks in advance

George
monkeydude3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 AM   #2  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: rebuilt engine

bump, this one almost made it to page 2
Old 06-22-2006, 02:55 AM   #3  
Rantheman
3rd Gear Member

sorry don't know anything about it I did read through it look arlgiht good price but personally i built my motor for about 2,600 with the way i wanted it and with almost every bolt on just something to think about plus i don't do well with e-bay
Rantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 AM   #4  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

oh okay... that's coo... I guess I'll thumb through the posts and see if I can find him

thanks man, righ tnow I can't afford to do my engine myself, time wise... ability and stuff oh definitely, but I just wanna drop in and go something stock but fresh... when I go to make it a race car then I'll build it, but for now, nah
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 AM   #5  
Rantheman
3rd Gear Member

sounds fair enough go get em
Old 06-22-2006, 03:09 AM   #6  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

lol... I'm just sick of having to check my oil every time I drive the car... and the fact it's NPI

just gives me some form of excuse to swap in a PI motor
Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 AM   #7  
Rantheman
3rd Gear Member

Well I will tell you a quick story my motor had 188,000 miles on it burned little oil only when i was stoped at a light then took off. but my oil light came on like a week after i changed my oil and i would constantly check my oil i burned a quart a month. well then shortly after my header install i checked my spark plugs then started my motor and suddenly clunk, clunk,clunk,clunk i shut it off and what like what the!!!. put the car in the garage and pulled the motor out. when i pulled the passenger side head off i noticed the the whole pistion and head were beat to crap. a 3" screw fell in my spark plug whole. the screw broke in half jamed itself into the pistion and into the head. The head was not salave able. so from there i decided to build the motor new pistons everything i even put a moroso 7 quart oil pan on so i would have plenty of oil and would never see that light come on again. but I found out that i could do a p.i. swap for pretty cheap all new parts. so I did it and threw p.i. comp cams 274h in and I am happy with the power improvement. also did other things like prothane mounts udp,all ignition upgraded ect... so maybe something you want to look into i did it in 3 months making 310 bucks a week plus 800bucks a month in bills so.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 AM   #8  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

nice man... sounds like your car is rockin

right now, i'm looking for a beater 2nd car... once I get that, I can start saving up for engine parts or an engine... not quite sure what i should do yet

my engine makes no weird noises AT ALL, so in theory my bottom end hasn't seen much damage, and it could only be a piston ring/valve seal problem, so a basic rebuild with stronger parts could be a feasible option...

I figure I'd get the block down to bare, and take it to a machine shop to hone it out and inspect everything, and then install stock spec. parts in it... all new bearings, rings, seals etc

George
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 AM   #9  
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

btw time for bed, but feel free to PM me with more information! the more info I have about this stuff the better it will be come time to put the engine in my car
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #10  
Rantheman
3rd Gear Member

alright