4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cricket sounds comming from the aftermarket clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 PM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

Default Cricket sounds comming from the aftermarket clutch

I posted a few days ago about a problem noise I was having from my clutch. At the fire wall there is a blue adjustable what I'll call a spool (I don't know what it's called, but it can be screwed in or out) This piece looks like a empty spool of thread after all the thread is removed. Anyway I tried adjusting this piece last night to stop the annoying chirping but the noise still persists. My appointment was today to take it back to the dealership to see if this problem was covered under the 30 day- 1000 mile warranty. So one block from my house the clutch feels very notchy, I stop the car pop the hood and turn the blue piece a couple of times and engage the clutch only to feel a pop and then the clutch peddle drop like a limp d*&k! Called the dealership and they sent a flat bed. I'm waiting to here from them now.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:01 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Cricket sounds comming from the aftermarket clutch

Damn crickets... [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 06-29-2006, 05:02 PM
bvballer12
2nd Gear Member

I have that same fing sound, not lound but annoying enough, I have no idea either, when i barely put my foot on the clutch the sound goes away. Will you please e-mail me after your appointment, to tell me what i have to do. Thank you TOOT. mathews1207@yahoo.com
Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bvballer12

I have that same fing sound, not lound but annoying enough, I have no idea either, when i barely put my foot on the clutch the sound goes away. Will you please e-mail me after your appointment, to tell me what i have to do. Thank you TOOT. mathews1207@yahoo.com
Its going to be your throw out bearing
Old 06-29-2006, 05:17 PM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TOOT

I posted a few days ago about a problem noise I was having from my clutch. At the fire wall there is a blue adjustable what I'll call a spool (I don't know what it's called, but it can be screwed in or out) This piece looks like a empty spool of thread after all the thread is removed. Anyway I tried adjusting this piece last night to stop the annoying chirping but the noise still persists. My appointment was today to take it back to the dealership to see if this problem was covered under the 30 day- 1000 mile warranty. So one block from my house the clutch feels very notchy, I stop the car pop the hood and turn the blue piece a couple of times and engage the clutch only to feel a pop and then the clutch peddle drop like a limp d*&k! Called the dealership and they sent a flat bed. I'm waiting to here from them now.
Its going to be the throw out bearing for this too. But you got more to the issue. Adjusting the firewall connector canl make it feel limp depending on how much you adjust it. most likely it is still still on the top of the pedal, and limp after that. If not maybe the clutch cable came unhooked

Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

that thing u can screw in and out is your clutch firewall adjuster which controls where the clutch catches...i just had a new clutch put in and i had one of these put in aswell.... sounds like MAYBE you extended the cable too far and it snapped? idk im no mechanic tho so thats a complete guess..
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 PM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cricket sounds coming from the aftermarket clutch

Well the dealership said that since it's a moving part that the warranty company will not cover it![:@] To me this is bulls*$t I owned the car for all of 2 weeks and have put under 200 miles on it. A rough est. on the high end was three bills, and they don't know who the manufacturer of this aftermarket piece is. The previous owner of the car works for the dealership and should be able to give them the info they need. Now I must take the $$ that was set aside for a new alarm to.