4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

!!!MODS!!!MODS

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 01:20 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: !!!MODS!!!MODS

ORIGINAL: 04mustang

thanks for the reply. that sounds like it makes sence. im sure u know what u are talking about seeing your 00gt is putting out 310 rwhp. what all do u have done?
IT's not the simple stuff he did...it's the internals that really made the difference on his car!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:57 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 03BlackSteed

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

Man Im just gonna give up. A bigger throttle body is the biggest waste on a non-supercharged mustang, go ahead and spend $$ on the TB, and enjoy the extra .000000005 hp it will give you.
Ok, I'm confused, so the dyno test by independant shops that C&L uses is bull****? Mass air flow / TB & plenum change..all useless unless you have boost???
No I said a TB is basically useless unless you have boost. TB changes have consistantly added 1 - 2 hp MAX and showed NO gains over stock until 4k. A C&L for example or most any other aftermarket mass air meter will show gains of 8 - 10 hp on even a stock engine. Why you continue to say a mass air meter change is worthless is beyond me.

Once again, my main point in my conversation is that a TB is useless, and if your down to that and havent done the maf meter yet, then why do a TB.

And to the dumbass that thinks because he had a high hp car hes more intelligent or knowledgable than me... let me tell you something - I have probably FORGOTTEN more about cars than your ever gonna know - and as far as not maxing out a maf meter until your making some crazy amount of hp - thats just plain stupid to even say. Hmmm.. lets see.... your blowing air through a freakin screen - and that is less of a restriction than your throttle body???

Listen, I dont care how you prefer to have your mustang put together, but for you to tell someone that changing a throttle body as one of their first mods is absolutely rediculous. There may be things better than a maf change, but a TB is definatley far from one of them.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:46 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

And to the dumbass that thinks because he had a high hp car hes more intelligent or knowledgable than me... let me tell you something - I have probably FORGOTTEN more about cars than your ever gonna know
was that your attempt to "own" me?? haha, loser
Old 05-16-2004, 01:04 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Man Im just gonna give up. A bigger throttle body is the biggest waste on a non-supercharged mustang, go ahead and spend $$ on the TB, and enjoy the extra .000000005 hp it will give you.
Ok, I'm confused, so the dyno test by independant shops that C&L uses is bull****? Mass air flow / TB & plenum change..all useless unless you have boost???
No I said a TB is basically useless unless you have boost. TB changes have consistantly added 1 - 2 hp MAX and showed NO gains over stock until 4k. A C&L for example or most any other aftermarket mass air meter will show gains of 8 - 10 hp on even a stock engine. Why you continue to say a mass air meter change is worthless is beyond me.

Once again, my main point in my conversation is that a TB is useless, and if your down to that and havent done the maf meter yet, then why do a TB.
Ok...that is what I was pointing out...Do the MAM change then do the TB/plenum combo...sorry, I may have misread.

So, needless to say, I agree[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 05-16-2004, 01:05 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

And to the dumbass that thinks because he had a high hp car hes more intelligent or knowledgable than me... let me tell you something - I have probably FORGOTTEN more about cars than your ever gonna know
Don't think he was talking about you...
Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

I'm not going to get into this t/b argument, but I did want to say when J.W. from SCT went to tune my Stang, I 'WAS' running VERY LEAN. So, much so it took him a couple tries before he wanted to do a complete pull on the dyno. The more air you let into your engine...well...it's pretty obvious, you will run lean. I've too many mods to list right here, so just say he needs a dyno to see how he is now, contact SCT, so he can have his car tuned perfectly when he's done.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:46 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

Don't think he was talking about you...
yeah, sadly he was

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

I 'WAS' running VERY LEAN. So, much so it took him a couple tries before he wanted to do a complete pull on the dyno. The more air you let into your engine...well...it's pretty obvious, you will run lean.
only if you let so much more air in, your fuel system wont feed it anymore. i think that would be hard to do without some kind of FI
Old 05-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Monty
2nd Gear Member

just save your money and buy something nice.........s/c, nitrous or heads
Old 05-16-2004, 10:53 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

You can always just Port and Polish than Sun-bitch!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

do some research on different boards and you will see that even Professional tuners say there is no need to upgrade a maf.

good luck with your modding

Quick Reply: !!!MODS!!!MODS