4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

!!!MODS!!!MODS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 01:32 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default !!!MODS!!!MODS

im thinking about my next set of mods. and i was wondering if i get accufab TB & plenum.and maf would it be a good idea to get the diablo tunner too soo that my car isiant running too lean. will my car runn lean from these mods? im thinking it will.

and whats a better cai k&n FIPK or steeda cai ? i want real results dyno # if possable thanx alot everyone.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:18 AM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: !!!MODS!!!MODS

you wont run lean, the whole purpose of the maf is to adjust fuel for more/less air. and ide def get the steeda over k&n any day
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

ahhh ok now im getting it. im kinda new to all these diff mods. sooo if i just got the tb & plenum i should prob get the maf so it equals the a/f out? will the tb & plenum be ok to get before i buy the maf? i mean will the car run ok? and do u know of any dyno results from the steeda cai? thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 12:26 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

the throttle body and plenum arent gonna give you much, if any, noticable gains unless your supercharging. it certainly wont cause any running problems in itself. changing the mass air meter will give you 5x the gains of a throttle body. cai is way more productive than a throttle body as well. as far as a cai - the densecharger is the best out there, but it doesnt look quite as good as a steeda, as a matter of fact its one of the plainest looking ones.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:27 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

he doesnt need an aftermarket maf unless he is blown...hell, alot of FI guys keep their stock maf until they peg it out
Old 05-13-2004, 03:16 PM
mustangfan22

in 2001 Ford went from a 75mm Mass air meter to an 80mm so there really isnt a need to go any larger.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:28 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

so how much hp will a maf alone give me on a stock 04gt with magnaflow catback and steeda underdrives? soo u think a cold air intake will give me more rear wheal horses than an tb and plenum?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:10 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

he doesnt need an aftermarket maf unless he is blown...hell, alot of FI guys keep their stock maf until they peg it out
Ever looked inside a stock mass air meter? And its not even the size of the meter so much as it is the restriction. A stock mass air meter is pegged out the minute its put on the car. I can tell you with great certainty that a mass air meter change on even a stock 4.6 would net 5 - 10 hp, more if its modded any. Your FI guys arent very thrifty if their putting on a throttle body before they do the maf. You dont have to take my word for it, do some research yourself.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:02 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

does anyone have dyno results to back up the argument. heck i dont disagree with either of u i just would like to see some proof of these mods so i can put them on my car . lol i dont want to buy something if its not gonna do anything.[:-]
Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

Ever looked inside a stock mass air meter? And its not even the size of the meter so much as it is the restriction. A stock mass air meter is pegged out the minute its put on the car. I can tell you with great certainty that a mass air meter change on even a stock 4.6 would net 5 - 10 hp, more if its modded any. Your FI guys arent very thrifty if their putting on a throttle body before they do the maf. You dont have to take my word for it, do some research yourself.
thats funny...i dynoed 460rwhp with 8spi from an s trim and stock maf. but what do i know?

Quick Reply: !!!MODS!!!MODS