4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

JLT CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
02yellowGT
1st Gear Member

Default JLT CAI

I am looking at getting the JLT cold air intake. What are your oppinions on this piece? They claim the most HP, but we all know how that is. I mainly like it because I can get it color matched to my exterior. On a side note, I looked up their phone number and it is a local area code for me. I looked at their address and it is like 10 mins away! So I can save on shipping lol.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JLT CAI

If I lived that close I would get that. I have heard they are good systems and they look cool since they match your exterior color. They are a little pricey compared to others though.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
40thGT
1st Gear Member

could someone give me in there opinions the top 3 first add mods, and links maybe? as well as prefurred brand names, at mid price range, (not so cheap its not good, but not paying for more then I need.) I want the best thing to do the job. I tried using the search tool and I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
02yellowGT
1st Gear Member

Top three cheaper bolt ons would be 1. Cold air intake 2. cat back exaust 3. underdrive pullies. If u wanna spend a lil more then swich the pullies for gears.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:35 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 40thGT

could someone give me in there opinions the top 3 first add mods, and links maybe? as well as prefurred brand names, at mid price range, (not so cheap its not good, but not paying for more then I need.) I want the best thing to do the job. I tried using the search tool and I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance.
FRPP 4:10 gears, either Predator and SCT flash tuner, and a mid-pipe BBK or MAC. The cost for all of that would run you 550-650. And you will see much more results than CAI a catback and pullies. And it will only cost you less to purchase but it will cost you more to install because of the gears.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02yellowGT

Top three cheaper bolt ons would be 1. Cold air intake 2. cat back exaust 3. underdrive pullies. If u wanna spend a lil more then swich the pullies for gears.
wow those wont give you ****
Old 07-10-2006, 11:21 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i have one. the paint is right on also. i didnt really feel much difference in power but it looks better under the hood. hears a pic
Old 07-11-2006, 01:41 AM
02yellowGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

Yes, I agree that those 3 mods by themselves will not net massive power gains, they are the bassic building blocks for what is to come later. A cold air intake will not do alot by itself because while your motor is now getting more air, it can not get rid of it any quicker. Same for a cat back, you can get rid of it more efficently, but there is no more air coming in. But put the two together and now the more can breath and exhale easier. So while no one mod (short of forced induction or juice) will net big gains, they act as a team and build on eachother.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02yellowGT

ORIGINAL: wwmost

Yes, I agree that those 3 mods by themselves will not net massive power gains, they are the bassic building blocks for what is to come later. A cold air intake will not do alot by itself because while your motor is now getting more air, it can not get rid of it any quicker. Same for a cat back, you can get rid of it more efficently, but there is no more air coming in. But put the two together and now the more can breath and exhale easier. So while no one mod (short of forced induction or juice) will net big gains, they act as a team and build on eachother.
if you want to get the most power gains and be faster in the quarter mile do what i said above. Those are the best mods for the money except nitrous.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:53 AM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman2354

ORIGINAL: 40thGT

FRPP 4:10 gears, either Predator and SCT flash tuner, and a mid-pipe BBK or MAC. The cost for all of that would run you 550-650. And you will see much more results than CAI a catback and pullies. And it will only cost you less to purchase but it will cost you more to install because of the gears.
no its more than that
all mt prices - 240 for gears, 380 for sct, plus 200 for midpipe (average b/w catted and non) and thats $820.
i agree on the choice of parts for the first mods but they arent cheap

Quick Reply: JLT CAI