4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Long links, large photos, and why you shouldn't post either...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

Default Long links, large photos, and why you shouldn't post either...

Those two things are my two things that really annoy me on any forum, but it's particularly bad and prevelant on this forum with the program they are using. It breaks the margins of what is normal, and in the case of large pictures can make the thread hard to load, leaving even me, who has a cable modem and a widescreen (1680x1050) with either ditching the thread, or waiting forever for it to load and having to side scroll over for every darn post. It really IS NOT hard to use the proper code for either.

For links, it's really easy (bear in mind that this site does NOT use regular vbulletin code, url and image does not work for linking and imaging)

(remove spaces)

[ l i n k = The URL you are linking to]The text you want[ / l i n k ]

Heck, they even have a little tool that does that for you...

Push the link button, put the URL in where it says URL, and put the text you want displayed in the box that says URL Name.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about with arrows and text (click for larger image)

Not too hard is it? Now for pictures....

{again, remove spaces)

[ i m a g e ]Picture's URL[ / i m a g e ]

There's also a button above, it says "image" push it and you get a set of image tags put in where you cursor is (your view of the box you type in for the post will go back to the top left and your cursor will go to the end of the post).

You can stack these two as well, just like I did for the image I posted. The URL that you're linking to is the larger picture, and the text you put in is the tagged smaller image.

[ l i n k = Larger picture's URL][ i m a g e ]smaller picture's url[ / i m a g e][ / l i n k ]

And always preview your post to make sure you have all the tags correct before you post it. The preview button is right to the right of the OK button.

There you have it. Learn it and use it so it's easier to read these forums!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Long links, large photos, and why you shouldn't post either...

Sorry your post is to long to read!!!

J/K
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
JonBeast

Bramas your wheels make me nut[sm=drooldude.gif]

Oh....good post VARifleman
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

me too are thosa american racing torq thrust??
Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

No they are the American Racing 200 S. And thanks for the Compliments.

So are we hijacking or would this be considered a friendly Bump for VARifleman

[IMG]local://upfiles/18764/C9427FE4E39F448098B689B575C464F7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for answering some quistions i had answers about bud... and American racing makes bad *** wheels =)
Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
JonBeast

They are nice...but they really remind me of GTO wheels for some reason?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 AM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VARifleman

Those two things are my two things that really annoy me on any forum, but it's particularly bad and prevelant on this forum with the program they are using. It breaks the margins of what is normal, and in the case of large pictures can make the thread hard to load, leaving even me, who has a cable modem and a widescreen (1680x1050) with either ditching the thread, or waiting forever for it to load and having to side scroll over for every darn post. It really IS NOT hard to use the proper code for either.

For links, it's really easy (bear in mind that this site does NOT use regular vbulletin code, url and image does not work for linking and imaging)

(remove spaces)

[ l i n k = The URL you are linking to]The text you want[ / l i n k ]

Heck, they even have a little tool that does that for you...

Push the link button, put the URL in where it says URL, and put the text you want displayed in the box that says URL Name.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about with arrows and text (click for larger image)

Not too hard is it? Now for pictures....

{again, remove spaces)

[ i m a g e ]Picture's URL[ / i m a g e ]

There's also a button above, it says "image" push it and you get a set of image tags put in where you cursor is (your view of the box you type in for the post will go back to the top left and your cursor will go to the end of the post).

You can stack these two as well, just like I did for the image I posted. The URL that you're linking to is the larger picture, and the text you put in is the tagged smaller image.

[ l i n k = Larger picture's URL][ i m a g e ]smaller picture's url[ / i m a g e][ / l i n k ]

And always preview your post to make sure you have all the tags correct before you post it. The preview button is right to the right of the OK button.

There you have it. Learn it and use it so it's easier to read these forums!
Your right but its still not as annoying as people complaining about what others do on internet forum talk websites....Its the Interweb, and i've never had a problem with any thread on this website. Maybe its time to upgrade your PC Junior
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

best wheels ive ever seen on a mustang are american racing rebel wheels, only guy i know with them is Ghoste... havent seen him post in a while though...

[IMG]local://upfiles/36301/7D544117B58342D29D291B969B5DF6FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony
Your right but its still not as annoying as people complaining about what others do on internet forum talk websites....Its the Interweb, and i've never had a problem with any thread on this website. Maybe its time to upgrade your PC Junior
First, don't call me junior, you don't know me nor are you my friend, second, I have a pretty good PC, thank you. I posted the resolution I get, and use mozilla suite for browsing the forums. Course it is pretty stupid to complain about someone complaining about what's been going on and then takes his time to write out the way so that they don't look dumb because they can't make a darn post right.

Quick Reply: Long links, large photos, and why you shouldn't post either...