4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

vid of stang at the track....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:29 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: vid of stang at the track....

the blower will be about the same price... and alot more power.... what type of blower are you going with?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

I was first looking into Vortechs for a long time, but the Kenne Bell sounds more fun and alot more expensive... Some guy revved at me at a stop sign two nights ago in a pretty stock looking 02 black gt, with just a midpipe and some quiet catback. I thought i heard a little whistle, but passed it off as exhaust. so we get up to 45 in 2nd, i hit it, he drops half a car, i hear a roar, and he SHOOTS 4-6 cars ahead of me.. we get to the next stop sign, and he says " listen for it".. it was sweet. He said he had a Vortech, thats all, then we pretty much went different ways.. wish i woulda asked more.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:39 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

I actually had a question for you.. from other threads i think i read that you did most/all of your own work, and i have a little problem. I just installed my midpipe and catback last monday, and i had to have a shop torch out the lower passenger side bolt connecting h pipe to manfiolds. When i was tightening all the new stuff up, i realized i didnt have a new stud for this.. I said whatever, let it go a few days, bought a new OEM stud from Ford, and tried putting it on today.. long story short, my hand doesnt really fit up there.. i assume i have to reach from the top of the flange on the header and screw it in from the top? Any suggestions for me... also, the shops wont touch it because my catted h pipe is illegal lol.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:48 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i would take the H pipe out to install it.. there is a very slim chance at getting it in from up top.. haha. believe me, when i tighten my header bolts, its a world of pain and cussing. the only thing i did not install were the gears (never done work like that before), the headers were done for 150 cause i know a guy at ford.. and the tranny was put in for free, otherwise i would have done it all but the gears.. i just couldnt justify the price of having both those put in... haha. you may even want to try getting to it through the k member from the side.... i dont remember where the header actually fits there... i have seen alot of people just put a bolt though there and tighten it with a wrench on both sides...
Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I'd say suspension.

I think I like that truck, though....
Old 07-11-2006, 05:03 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Well, hears the thing.. when i installed the h pipe, i just fitted the flanges up to the manifolds right around the stock studs.. i dont know how the studs are supposed to be put in.. from uptop on the headers, which is dam near impossible, or if i can get away with screwing them in from the bottom. If i just take out the pipe do you think i can screw them in from the bottom, or do i have to hire a a circus freak to reach up there?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:06 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

hmmm.... tomorrow i will have to look at the studs on my stock manifolds and i will let you know how they are put in.... it cant be to difficult.. haha. i know im able to reach my arms up there and get everything tight though.. but i have long skinny arms... haha.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:10 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Ya, passenger's side ones are different from the driver's since they bolt up differently, but i cant stand this leak... I dont even hear the Stingers anymore, just an annoying leak under 2300 RPMs. The stud and bolt are infront of me right now, and its threaded for about 3/4 of an inch, then smoothed int he middle for about 1.3 of an inch with two depressions on the ends, then more thread for an inch on the bottom where the bolts go.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:12 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ive got a leak right now.. but i have my rear 02 sensors taken out.. i need to figure out what to do with the holes.... i had a very bad header leak and i struggled to get that taken care of... at first the noise was so loud and such, i could hear it over the motor and blower... now its back to normal... but exhuast leaks suck id say. so which header is this on again? haha.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:15 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

passenger's side, the lower one( the one from hell for most people), stud and bolt are missing, so its causing a gap in the flanged end, and i held a piece of paper up by it and ran the car at idle, and it was rattling the paper pretty bad.. at 600 RPMs..

Quick Reply: vid of stang at the track....