4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

best brand supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: best brand supercharger

ORIGINAL: 96cobra10101

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

The 1.7 is a waste of money. People just say KB cause cobras mount up to them easily and of course everyone thinks a cobra is fast!

Paxton is the best out of the 3 you listed, i've heard good and bad things about vortech and procharger. Saleen blowers really dont make great power.
I love when people who don't have a certain mods on there cars make comments. Keep reading about stuff buddy, your becoming an expert.

What because I dont have a KB makes me know nothing? It's not like I havent been in and felt them. If you're going to spend the money atleast get a 2.2l, which you would need a forged motor. Centri's will make more power than the 1.7, while the KB will have more torque down low. So for blowing ttires off you car the KB is the right choice.

Don't get me wrong, its a great blower and given the choice whether a twin screw blower or centri it would be a tough choice. I like the stock like driving under 2500 rpms that you get with the centri as opposed to the twin screw. Thats my personal preference. That being said even for someone who prefers the opposite, I dont feel its worth paying an extra 2k. That is a waste of money IMO.

Also, to whoever said i'm biased. You're truly an idiot. I have a procharger, I said the best out of the 3 he listed is paxton. If anything i'm being the complete opposite of biased.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

LOL @ 96cobra10101

I would suggest looking into a Whipple Supercharger, those are very nice and are pretty rare.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/
Old 07-12-2006, 03:47 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

personally i am a procharger and saleen fan esp the series V and series VI saleen blowers
Old 07-12-2006, 03:47 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V8Cody

^ LOL!

I would suggest looking into a Whipple Supercharger, those are very nice and are pretty rare.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/

Pretty rare because they make a blower to fit on our cars.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:51 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

DOH! I didn't even realize they only made them for Cobras/S197's. []

My bad! Still cool to look at though!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Valek
3rd Gear Member

Did you guys read last month issue of MM&FF where they compared a KB 2.2 vs Procharger P1-SC. They were running pretty close on the 1/4 mile. This article made me realize that centri. sc are better for racing than the twinscrew. For me that wasn't a fair comparison. Imagine the results comparing the 2.2 KB vs the D1-SC. I mean thats fair, displacement wise.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:21 PM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

Kenne bell and procharger shoot out
Old 07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Valek

Did you guys read last month issue of MM&FF where they compared a KB 2.2 vs Procharger P1-SC. They were running pretty close on the 1/4 mile. This article made me realize that centri. sc are better for racing than the twinscrew. For me that wasn't a fair comparison. Imagine the results comparing the 2.2 KB vs the D1-SC. I mean thats fair, displacement wise.

Yep... I guess I dont know what I'm talking about... at all. 96cobra10101 has a KB so he must know everything right? Simply put the KB isnt worth the extra money... is it a better blower? Maybe has its advantages and disadvantages... but definatly not worht 2k+ more for our stock motored mod cars.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

if that's the article I think it is, it's pretty worthless. both cars had issues with their **** being broken, so the comparison is stupid and meaningless.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:37 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

ORIGINAL: GTowner4life

Kenne bell and procharger shoot out

good article, but it doesnt really answer the question of which is better. a blower is a lot of personal preference as some love twin screws while others love centri's. if you so choose to go supercharged. saleen,procharger,ken bell,whipple,magnuson,vortech,paxton, and etc are all excellent pieces of equipment and all have huge fan bases as well as haters .

Quick Reply: best brand supercharger