4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Looking for "fanaticclassics" (SCAMMER!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for "fanaticclassics" (SCAMMER!!!)

Hey guys I know that this is not tech related but I've been scammed by an ******* that posted on the forum earlier this month. His name is Kevin Kemp and his ID on here and on ebay is "fanaticclassics". He lives in the Sacramento area (according to his posts). I won an 8.8" rear end he was auctioning on ebay on 29 Jun. I instantly paypalled him $399.99 and asked for shipping details and a date to expect the rear end. On 30 June he sent me an email saying that he could get it out on 3 or 5 July (because of the holiday).

On 10 July I started getting worried and started looking him up on ebay. I was shocked to find out that he was not a registered user on ebay anymore. I then started googling him and fanaticclassics and found out he has advertised here on 3 July. I took the phone number and called him on 10 July. I believed I surprised him by calling because he did not list a phone number on his auction. He told me he hadn't sent the rear end out yet and was having problems because of the length. We worked that out and he said that he would send it out on 11 July. I looked hard at the pictures that he had posted and began to have doubts about the 8.8 actually being an 8.8 so I took the pictures to a local ford dealer. The tech guy confirmed my suspicions and told me this was a 7.5".

I then called kevin back on 11 July and told him that he did not sell me an 8.8 but a 7.5, he sounded relieved the he didn't send it out and told me that he would send me a refund that evening. I didn't get a refund that day so I called him back and he started making small talk and putting me on hold. He then told me that he was short on money in his paypal account but he would debit from his bank account and pay me. I then called on 12 July to find out what was going on and his phone picked up on the first ring. It has been that was ever since.

Anybody living in the Sacramento or San Francisco who know's this guy. His advertised phone number is 916-870-9956 which is a cell phone. He may have my number blocked so someone who lives in the area try and call him to see if he picks up. Sorry this is so long but I hate scammers with a passion. I have placed a claim through paypal and ebay but have heard nothing.

Teddy
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for "fanaticclassics" (SCAMMER!!!)

sorry to hear that man, i hope u find him and beat som AZZ!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
chilledfresh
2nd Gear Member

Damn, that sucks. Hope you can work something out to get your money back.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys. I've left this guy lots of messages (none of them threatening). I'm reporting to the Internet Crime Complaint Center right now. They work with the local police from what I am told.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

im seeing more and more of this stuff with people on forums from here to ls1tech to hummer forums. can't you contact paypal and have them deal with it since i thought they were suppose to protect things like this.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry this happened to ya and i hope it works out....

Old 07-18-2006, 10:00 PM
adjuster5656
I ♥ Acer

i'm a dipsh!t
Old 07-18-2006, 10:04 PM
DG03
1st Gear Member

****** FUKKEH
Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

im seeing more and more of this stuff with people on forums from here to ls1tech to hummer forums. can't you contact paypal and have them deal with it since i thought they were suppose to protect things like this.
Dude didn't you read that I have placed claims through paypal and ebay. Paypal does not fix all cases. I found out that if the seller does not have buyer protection through paypal (this ******* didn't have it), paypal refers your complaint to ebay. Now I am only guaranteed to get 175 bucks back through ebay.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Hope you get your money man. I'm the same way about scammers.

Quick Reply: Looking for "fanaticclassics" (SCAMMER!!!)