4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

long tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:11 AM
97BlackStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: long tubes?

I just got my BBK L/T's and non catted H-pipe today in the mail. Its better than christmas. But im looking at all the hardware they gave with it. Does the heads have studs in them? And do you need a tool to get them out? They are goin in monday. It will take all day, but I love working on my car.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:59 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

ORIGINAL: M1ke

THANK YOU!!!
i couldnt find that for the life of me and was about to go nuts at you guys.

fyi scavenging is when the exhaust gas pulses are timed correctly due to the correct (usually equal length) length of the pipes. the low pressure behind each pulse pulls the next one behind it. when they are all in line pushing forward and pulling the one behind it with them, then you have increased flow and more power.

you guys really need to read tech articles in magazines and not post up hearsay
+1,000,000

back pressure

back blah

blah blah

where does everyone get this crap from. When me and my buddy w/ a z28 went and got our cars dynoed, he had an exhaust cutout. For the first pull he left the cutout closed so the exhaust was goin the normal flow path, then for the next two pulls he left the exhaust cutout open and he gained 15 ft*lb of TQ over the entire RPM band including the lower RPM's, and he also gained 5 hp across most of the RPM band. THe was not a single point on his HP and TQ curves where he lost any HP or TQ by opening his exhaust cutout even though he lost backpressure from it. The only things seen from a loss of backpressure were HP and TQ gains.
people just repeat what other people say on this forum. thats how all this stuff gets spread. same with the gears.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:02 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

hookers make headers for the 04 and unders? I went to a place to look for them and they said they are only for the 05+ mustangs. wtf? If the make them for earlier models then I would say yes, hookers are the best because I LOVE those headers.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:34 AM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

ORIGINAL: M1ke

THANK YOU!!!
i couldnt find that for the life of me and was about to go nuts at you guys.

fyi scavenging is when the exhaust gas pulses are timed correctly due to the correct (usually equal length) length of the pipes. the low pressure behind each pulse pulls the next one behind it. when they are all in line pushing forward and pulling the one behind it with them, then you have increased flow and more power.

you guys really need to read tech articles in magazines and not post up hearsay
+1,000,000

back pressure

back blah

blah blah

where does everyone get this crap from. When me and my buddy w/ a z28 went and got our cars dynoed, he had an exhaust cutout. For the first pull he left the cutout closed so the exhaust was goin the normal flow path, then for the next two pulls he left the exhaust cutout open and he gained 15 ft*lb of TQ over the entire RPM band including the lower RPM's, and he also gained 5 hp across most of the RPM band. THe was not a single point on his HP and TQ curves where he lost any HP or TQ by opening his exhaust cutout even though he lost backpressure from it. The only things seen from a loss of backpressure were HP and TQ gains.

I just want to clarify this.. Are you saying that what was originally posted about back pressure, exhaust velocity, pulses is wrong?? If so, you may want to do a little studying, maybe take a class or 2 in fluid dynamics...

If not, sorry for the flame..

JT
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
40th04
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rjgstang

you never get the advertised hp but i gained 15-20 hp and tq from bolting on the headers and x.
you do if its s/c
Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Jcelli04
2nd Gear Member

i have bbk headers and they're great matched up to my dr gas... but im gonna wish i payed the extra money when it comes time to change a clutch, since ill have to take one of the headers off to do it(along with raise the motor a lil[sm=headbang.gif]