4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I have a Chance to buy a 1/7 Kenne Bell!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:17 AM
JT76

Default I have a Chance to buy a 1/7 Kenne Bell!!!!!

A friend of mine at the track tonight told me about plans for his car.....he has an 04GT with a 1.7 Kenne Bell, but he just got some big bucks apparently and he is going to have the engine built and a different supercharger installed...he said he would sell me his KB for a "good price", hes a good guy and i know he wouldnt screw me over, so what would be a fair price for a 1.7 Kenne Bell supercharger (i think its intercooled but he said, no its "aftercooled"???) he only drives the car to the track and the unit only has about 2500 miles or so on it.........so whattya think??
Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I have a Chance to buy a 1/7 Kenne Bell!!!!!

I'd say offer him half. On Kenne Bell's website, I think it's like $4,800 or something close to that for the 1.7. Start off by offering him half, then work the deal from there.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Eh, too much... Tell him I'll buy it instead [8D]

Really, though... the cooled 1.7 KB runs you $4800 brand new. It may only have 2500 miles but I'm guessing they're mostly track miles. I personally would pay $3000 for it without question. It's really only worth as much as any one person thinks it is, it's got relatively low miles but they've probably been very hard miles. As for a fair price, depends on your buddy. Go ask him what he wants for it.

Edit: Seriously, if you aren't going to take it, I will
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Congrats Stanggang on getting the S/C before I do, well maybe you'll get it. I thought you wanted the ATI Procharger??? [8D] But hey I dont blame you for changin your mind, especially if your friend is sellin it to you and you can get it cheap. $4800 for a new intercooled KB is pretty steep, but thats what they are, so I'd offer him half and see if he takes it. If he dont, then just go up to $3000 and see what he says.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 AM
96cobra10101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Eh, too much... Tell him I'll buy it instead [8D]

Really, though... the cooled 1.7 KB runs you $4800 brand new. It may only have 2500 miles but I'm guessing they're mostly track miles. I personally would pay $3000 for it without question. It's really only worth as much as any one person thinks it is, it's got relatively low miles but they've probably been very hard miles. As for a fair price, depends on your buddy. Go ask him what he wants for it.

Edit: Seriously, if you aren't going to take it, I will
Hard miles on an aircompressor. Its not like a car, just a few moving parts vs. a 100. I would 3k for it, also get his tb, injectors, fuelpump, and all the hoses, lower and stuff.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 AM
JT76

he is good friends with the guy that owns the local speed shop and he said that we could probably transfer it right from his car to mine, but he would want them to check it out and make everything is ok first......he said he will think about it but he said maybe we can work a deal somewhere around 2500 for the charger and maybe 3000 for the whole deal (including installation, because as he put it "i spend thousands and thousands there, they owe me a favor") so apparently he can work a good deal on installation. But i could probably install it myself and just take it for tuning. I am just curious as to what u guys thought and what a "good deal" on this charger would be.....................also he has 3.73's with it and hes an auto.....i am also an auto and have 4.10s, would that be too much gear for it? i was thinking i may have to swap back to 3.73's?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:31 AM
JT76

double post[&:]
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Depends on the amount of boost you're going to be running... You'll be coming close to running out of gear in the 1/4 mile, you should be able to sneak by though.

For $2500, do it. You can probably tackle the install yourself provided he gives you everything that came with the kit... if the install (and tune) is only gonna be $500 extra, take it!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:41 AM
JT76

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Congrats Stanggang on getting the S/C before I do, well maybe you'll get it. I thought you wanted the ATI Procharger??? [8D] But hey I dont blame you for changin your mind, especially if your friend is sellin it to you and you can get it cheap. $4800 for a new intercooled KB is pretty steep, but thats what they are, so I'd offer him half and see if he takes it. If he dont, then just go up to $3000 and see what he says.
i was thinking about the ATI procharger because of the price, the KB new is soooo damn expensive, but this just dropped into my lap today and now the gears in my head are turning, as this looks so far, i can get my first choice of SC for less than a procharger......he plans on doing this after the season is over, (october for NY state) but he said i can let him know anytime about buying it off him, pretty much i have first shot at it , he knows i want one bad ......he just got a sh*t load of money i guess from some accident so he can afford to give me a break...he just said 2500 or so but he said maybe he can do better it depends on what happens between now and then so maybe i can get a better deal..............also, it doesnt seem like his has the KB "scream" is this normal? or am i just deaf
Old 07-19-2006, 04:41 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

3k installed, take it!

Quick Reply: I have a Chance to buy a 1/7 Kenne Bell!!!!!