4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:19 AM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results

ORIGINAL: GoldenChild

..Well considering what i know about ur car, and about the temps outside in most places, and it being non-pi...i would say those are some nice numbers..congrats. As theres always a possibility for a better tune, i wouldnt be too dissapointed about that...

the Nitrous numbers and Sweeeeeeet!![sm=gears.gif]
I have a '99 motor, it is pi
Old 07-20-2006, 11:20 AM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

ORIGINAL: GoldenChild

..Well considering what i know about ur car, and about the temps outside in most places, and it being non-pi...i would say those are some nice numbers..congrats. As theres always a possibility for a better tune, i wouldnt be too dissapointed about that...

the Nitrous numbers and Sweeeeeeet!![sm=gears.gif]
wtf is wrong with you? 99 = PI retard![:@] You guys aren't teaching the noobs anything!

Nice numbers btw. 125 shot.... that's kinda pushing it isn't it?
Why? What could happen? Is that too much??
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SXGT

mods?
My mods are in my sig link to cardomain.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

im pretty sure with a good tune a 125 shot is fine...but i wouldnt want to exceed much more then 400 rwhp with a stock short block...thats just me im sure it's been done in fact i kno its been done but id forge it after 400 rwhp just to be safe
Old 07-20-2006, 12:18 PM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

You don't really need cams if you are going to spray.

Just do some headers and re-tune for the spray and you'll pretty much be near your motors limitations.
How do you figure I dont need cams? I already have a tune for the nitrous and cams would only raise my hp. Do you have any logic behind your statement?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:36 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bsteen81

Just do some headers and re-tune for the spray and you'll pretty much be near your motors limitations.
How do you figure I dont need cams? I already have a tune for the nitrous and cams would only raise my hp. Do you have any logic behind your statement?

There's 0% chance you're going to pick up close to 100rwhp with just cams. With stage one cams i'd say you would be around 280-290 rwhp. Which is a gain of like 30-40. At the very max it would be 50.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Blck98GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

There's 0% chance you're going to pick up close to 100rwhp with just cams. With stage one cams i'd say you would be around 280-290 rwhp. Which is a gain of like 30-40. At the very max it would be 50.

a gain of 30-40 hp is a gain of 30-40 hp.. You have to add on to your hp gains you cant just say boom and be at 500rwhp.. just doesnt work that way.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

Who said anything about 100hp? I know that cams dont give you that I'm not an idiot. I was told that cams would not do anything for my cars hp. I was expecting a gain of atleast 20hp with them. I just wanted to know if whatthis one guy was telling me was true, which I dont believe it is.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Who said anything about 100hp? I know that cams dont give you that I'm not an idiot. I was told that cams would not do anything for my cars hp. I was expecting a gain of atleast 20hp with them. I just wanted to know if whatthis one guy was telling me was true, which I dont believe it is.

"I plan on adding some vt stage 1 cams so that should bump the power up a good bit and then some equal length shorty headers. It is a pretty good deal though alomst 100rwhp for $500.00. By the way, how much should I expect to pay to get the cams installed? "

Guess you dont read your own posts much?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:01 PM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

"I plan on adding some vt stage 1 cams so that should bump the power up a good bit and then some equal length shorty headers. It is a pretty good deal though alomst 100rwhp for $500.00. By the way, how much should I expect to pay to get the cams installed? "

Guess you dont read your own posts much?
I was talking about the NOS there jackass.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results