4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:11 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do??

I say an underestimated car is way more fun than a predictable one.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

yea im in the vette forums and thats all i hear is "my vette is down again" or "its in the shop again" I also hear about a lot of problem with the electronics on the vettes, mustangs dont break as much but as of right now i am leaning toward a saleen blower for the stang
What forums are you guys looking on....? Because Im a member on CorvetteForum.com and theres been posts these last couple days about....

My Vette just hit 100K and still running strong... No problems til this point Or...

My Vette is in the shop AGAIN, because shes being retuned and modded for another 100 rwhp.

Half the time you see those shop stories is because someone violated someone else's property (their vette) and it was damaged so it needs to be repaired because people have no respect.

Yes, you always hear the... My Vette is making squeaking noises again, but my Stang did plenty of that. Im completely bias now because I own one, but I am still a die hard Stang lover too. The Vette is just a completely different car. The rush of driving one is soo uncomparable its not even funny, and like I said, the response factor to the mods is unreal.
Im in corvetteforum too and this is one of the posts i am talking about!!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1333943

Look at all the crap that has been done to it and it has 100k, most of the work was done UNDER 20k miles!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:09 AM
myk
2nd Gear Member

Can you live with a car that doesn't have a backseat? I know I couldn't; only exception would be a '65 Cobra 427 or a replica of one. Ultimately though, what is it that YOU want? The key to happiness is not giving an F about what other people like or think...
Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myk

Can you live with a car that doesn't have a backseat? I know I couldn't; only exception would be a '65 Cobra 427 or a replica of one. Ultimately though, what is it that YOU want? The key to happiness is not giving an F about what other people like or think...
This is a really hard decision for me, i want both!! i want a s/c stang but then again a vette would be nice, i am still leaning toward keeping the stang and getting the saleen blower
Old 07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
stangy004
2nd Gear Member

why does everbody want a saleen blower for they suck compared to others u r very limited with it . u should get a centrifugal supercharger that way u can get a aftermarket manifold and port andpolish it with the heads i would get a vortech t trim and u can bump up the boost big with it . saleen blower isnt gona handle **** for boost your gona blow it
Old 07-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangy004

why does everbody want a saleen blower for they suck compared to others u r very limited with it . u should get a centrifugal supercharger that way u can get a aftermarket manifold and port andpolish it with the heads i would get a vortech t trim and u can bump up the boost big with it . saleen blower isnt gona handle **** for boost your gona blow it
The reason everyone here is wanting a saleen s/c is because we are getting bad *** deals on them, deals that cant be beat for brand new and complete, and not all saleen blowers are the same, suposedly the series IV is a good blower.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:55 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangy004

if i can get 350 rwhp off a saleen blower for a good price with more pontenial than that i am going to get it. 350 rwhp is more than a vette anyway.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:05 PM
LakiPolitis

Handling? If you want your car to go in a straight line a blown stang will take a vette, but a stock vetter will take most stangs. Then again, can you put a mustang into a 90 degree turn at 60mph without losing traction? even at 50mph without losing traction. The lateral gs in a corvette are much higher and will be a much better track racer than your stang. But if you want to drag it, and drive it calmly then go ahead blown stang all the way.

And calculate your power to weight ratio a blown stang like 350hp / 3600lbs. corvette?
Old 07-23-2006, 02:06 PM
stangy004
2nd Gear Member

how much r u getting the saleen blower for
Old 07-23-2006, 02:12 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

you can get a newer vett for a lot less. keep looking. i would stay with what you like, if you like vetts, buy a vett. if you like mustangs but want to be vett fast, buy a blower.