4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do??

ORIGINAL: stangy004

why does everbody want a saleen blower for they suck compared to others u r very limited with it . u should get a centrifugal supercharger that way u can get a aftermarket manifold and port andpolish it with the heads i would get a vortech t trim and u can bump up the boost big with it . saleen blower isnt gona handle **** for boost your gona blow it
You're gonna blow it? I sure hope you don't mean the blower. I think you need to get educated. For starters, the S4 is RATED to 14k RPM, with a 2.80 pulley (10.5lbs of boost without head work), you BARELY hit 14k RPM from the blower.

As with every blower it can be spun much higher, however it is going to loose efficency. Plus, you can't fit a pulley smaller than 2.80 on it, to spin it higher you need to either spin the engine higher or get a bigger crank pulley.

If you haven't noticed there's a group buy going on with the Saleen blowers right now... the price is amazing for a brand new intercooled blower. Stop spreading a bunch of BS when you don't know what you're really talking about. It's counter-productive.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do??

I am blowing the stang i found someone with a complete used kit with a upgraded maf AND fuel pump for $1900 to my door!!!