MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Cams (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/155835-cams.html)

cmacewan 07-23-2006 12:22 AM

Cams

What kind of cams would i need, or which ones should i get to get the Lobe sound. (like it is gonna stall)??

sprostang 07-23-2006 12:23 AM

RE: Cams

Stage 2`s at least. You will need new valve springs as well.

droptoppony 07-23-2006 01:17 AM

You kinda sound like a Ricer wanting to buy cams because of they way they sound instead of which one will add the most power or work best in your set up.

Buy VT st 2 cams...they will sound good, give you power and be the easiest to install. Like said above you'll need new springs with stage 2's. Now VT st1's will sound good also and add 30rwhp without the need for new springs.

MustangChris04 07-23-2006 01:19 AM

how is he sounding like a ricer again???

droptoppony 07-23-2006 01:23 AM

because ricers go for looks and sound over performance...thats how!

MustangChris04 07-23-2006 01:25 AM

all im going to say is.. wrong

droptoppony 07-23-2006 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: MustangChris04

hey thats your opinion but your a young kid who grew up in the genre of "Rice" so your more prone to disagree that something is rice compaired to someone who grew up with 5.0's an GN's not imports.

rjgstang 07-23-2006 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

hey thats your opinion but your a young kid who grew up in the genre of "Rice" so your more prone to disagree that something is rice compaired to someone who grew up with 5.0's an GN's not imports.

i have a question. if someone who likes the sound of a cam is a ricer then does that mean all of the guys with the old muscle cars, whos engines sound like they are gonna die because of the huge cams, are ricers or does it mean that none of them like the sound of a big cam?? just curious.

droptoppony 07-23-2006 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: rjgstang

i have a question. if someone who likes the sound of a cam is a ricer then does that mean all of the guys with the old muscle cars, whos engines sound like they are gonna die because of the huge cams, are ricers or does it mean that none of them like the sound of a big cam?? just curious.
A good sounding cam is just a biproduct of a more aggressive cam...they aren't made to sound like that but are made to perform a fuction...the sound is just a kool added bonus to a well made and well thought out engine combo. You can go too big on a cam and many do to just get added lope....but this can have a negative effect on you HP...are you willing to hurt your performance just to have that extra lope? Thats what ricers do....and most guys in those old muscle cars would take 10 extra hp over a louder lope any day.

rjgstang 07-23-2006 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: rjgstang

A good sounding cam is just a biproduct of a more aggressive cam...they aren't made to sound like that but are made to perform a fuction...the sound is just a kool added bonus to a well made and well thought out engine combo. You can go too big on a cam and many do to just get added lope....but this can have a negative effect on you HP...are you willing to hurt your performance just to have that extra lope? Thats what ricers do....and most guys in those old muscle cars would take 10 extra hp over a louder lope any day.

theres no doubt in my mind that everyone knows the performance aspect of a good cam, im sure thats why theyre on here asking, but i think hes just saying that the sound is an added bonus! btw i never said i was willing to do anything.[sm=innoc.gif] ive heard ALOT of people on here bitch!@# about someones age, so for the record my genre is old enough to remember sitting down on friday nights and watching the original first time ever aired on tv episodes of the dukes of hazzard when i was a boy.