4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

wrecked my stang this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Default wrecked my stang this weekend....

Ok, i ****ed up my car sat. night. Ground was wet, went around a corner onto a bridge, lost the rear end and slammed the right side into a concrete wall. The front, rear and both quarter panels need to be replaced. Anyone know where (and if) I can get a decent deal on them? Ive been looking online but cant seem to find a parts distributer. Im thinking about just doing a body kit now, cause I have to get new bumpers anyways...
Old 05-24-2004, 08:50 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: wrecked my stang this weekend....

wow brother, sorry to hear of the misfortune [X(]. I dont know where you can get them though. I have a lot of parts magizines and I just looked through them for you and not one sells quarter panels. I will keep looking and let you know what I come up with,
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Hey thanks for looking. I did find a place that sells some of the stuff i'm looking for, it's ford-auto-body-parts.com and they seem to have decent prices (compared to what body shops charge). Still cant find the quarter panel though. I just got an estimate, im lookin at about 7 grand, guess I was going faster than I thought, my summer is gonna suck.....
Old 05-25-2004, 10:12 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

$7000!!!!! Man you gots to replace a couple plastic bumpers and the 1/4 panels! The quarter panels is going to be the most expensive part but I dont see it costing seven grand! Go grab a Chiltons catolog and see what they cost there. They have everything! Or even JC Whitney.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:18 AM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

damn that sucks, but hey, why not try to find a parts yard, where cars are salvage parts cars and can't be fixed but have ok parts to them, I'm sure you could find the quarter panel there, that is where my dad gets his stuff, he gets everything REAL cheap. He's fixed so many of them. Some of the cars he pulls stuff off of are flood cars, perfect condition, just ruined title. Look around!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:02 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ReDevilGT

damn that sucks, but hey, why not try to find a parts yard, where cars are salvage parts cars and can't be fixed but have ok parts to them, I'm sure you could find the quarter panel there, that is where my dad gets his stuff, he gets everything REAL cheap. He's fixed so many of them. Some of the cars he pulls stuff off of are flood cars, perfect condition, just ruined title. Look around!
Right is so many ways it's scary. $7G's for some body work? Whoever quoted you that was smoking crack. Take ReDevilGT's advice, spend maybe (and it's a big MAYBE) $2k, and then get yourself a decent $1k paint job. Blammo! Just like new again. Are you sure all your damage is cosmetic? A lot of times w/ an accident like that, you'll have all sorts of suspension nightmare's also. I'd check it out if I were you. If it's foul on the underside, you may want to head off some big time problems, and just total her. I know it would suck, but trying to fix a car after major internal damage can (and most likely WILL) nickle and dime you to death in the long run. Sorry to hear about your TA.... Since you're so worried about your car though, I can see that you're not hurt, and that's the important part. GL on whichever route you decide to take.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

I talked to the guy at the body shop and got it down to like 2500 without the rear quarter panel, if i supply the front fender, bumper cover and headlight. Im just gonna leave the rear quarter alone for now. I hammered it pretty good, into a 2 foot-thick wall of concrete (no idea how fast i was going). They need to bend the front end back into shape, I forget the term he used, because he said the frame its self may not be bent but its a possibility (if that makes any sense). The tie rod is def. bent and im sure there are a few more suspension parts that need some fixin. The 7 gs was for the entire job, all oem parts all kinds of painting and ****, to make it look like new (2400 in parts the rest in labor and paint charges).
Old 05-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Why isn't that car insured?
Old 05-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

The car is (was) insured. Not gonna lie to ya, my driving record isn't pretty...I've already been kicked off one insurance policy. I have one claim on my current policy, and I can't afford to have another, as I'm sure Ill lose this policy too. Never thought my driving record would come back to haunt me like this...being young and stupid sucks
Old 05-29-2004, 06:18 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

damage to any part of a car rear of the doors is way expensive, most cars get totaled if they have that kind of damage

Quick Reply: wrecked my stang this weekend....