4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone else pissed off??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
YouGiveMeRash!!!
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else pissed off??

New Mustang: Stock Exterior= BUTT UGLY Modified Exterior= NICE

I'm not pissed off with my new edge GT. I didn't really buy it to turn into a monster or to get under 12s in the 1/4. I'm just going to do a few bolt-ons and keep it the way it is. Baby it for a couple of years (the casual race once in a while), and just enjoy it.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
46blueStang
1st Gear Member

yeah ford gives its die hards the shaft alot, we take their cars and put all this money in them and next month the 30,000 dollar car rolls on to the lot, i think they should have given the older cars more power, while our cars are still fast and beat alot of other brands of cars we struggle to make the horsepower of a new one, the jump in horsepower from the 03-04 was considerable to the 05', thats what kind of gets to me. in my opinon we(people on this forum and other enthusiasts) give the mustang street cred, and it sucks to have to keep up with the factory cars when our should have come closer stock, im not mad just a little frustrated.

oh yeah the new ones are a little on the ugly side
Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 PM
YouGiveMeRash!!!
2nd Gear Member

PS: Should of AT LEAST gotten a Mach 1.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangy004

hey gordo what u pushin for horse with that charger
when i first got it on, it ran 426rwhp on the dyno, but pings onthe street, my tuner was horrible, now i have it dialed back to 400 to be safer. I just got a KB boost a pump, once that is in, i am having an engineer from DynoJet (they are based here in Vegas) to tune it for me. He is supposed to be one of the best tuners available, period (why didnt i go to him in hte first place? [&:]). I have talked to him and one of teh guys who used to work with him there, left to start SCT Tuning and another guy developed some other software for tuning as well. This guy knows his stuff and claims in teh 4 years he has been tuning on the side (instead of like 15 for research for DJ) he has never lost a car from a tune. There are quite a bit of tt and s/c cars aorund here with his tunes in it. So, i am going to put the bap in, pulley down a bit, 3.6 to a 3.48 and run back up at the 425+ range nice and safe. All teh money and power adders in teh world dont mean squat if you dont have a good tune.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:45 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Butters

I'm not pissed. Our cars are still really nice and are quick. To people who aren't used to it, these cars feel like rockets. This is my first car so I'm more than appreciative of it. Although I already have a fund going for my next car. Im almost positive this car is going to remain stock and I'll just baby it.
I agree. If I wanted faster, I would have bought the Cobra. There were plenty on the lot when I got the GT. Besides, I timed it well. When everyone on the planet was waiting to by the new '05, they could not get rid of '04s. I got mine off the lot new for 20K. When the new ones came out, Ford didn't offer a lot in the way of rebates, because they could not make them fast enough. If fact, I seen it quoted that they produced 80,000 less than demand!

My only complaint about my car is the friggin' seats. They don't do squat for keeping you planted and the head rests are useless in an accident and may even cause worse injuries. The '05- seats are much better.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

alot of guys here wont say it but with the 99-04's 92+mph in a 1/4 mile stock aint nothin to be taken lightly and my car was 25 g's brand new. look there aint nothin making that kind of speed for that kind of money period. some of you guys that dog the stang want macy's shyt for kmart money an I bet half of ya didnt even get your car new[&:]
Old 07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
LSU02GT

We ran 13.94 bone stock in a 2000 GT. I know you gonna hate me for this but you can get these times for cheaper new with an SRT-4 . I love those little cars. If you ever have the chance to drive one do it.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LSU02GT

We ran 13.94 bone stock in a 2000 GT. I know you gonna hate me for this but you can get these times for cheaper new with an SRT-4 . I love those little cars. If you ever have the chance to drive one do it.
I would...........off a cliff[sm=badbadbad.gif]HAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

+1million
ORIGINAL: Hoppers01Gt

I would...........off a cliff[sm=badbadbad.gif]HAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-24-2006, 08:18 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

not any more I think the old guy with dodge canned the neon

Quick Reply: Anyone else pissed off??